Search results

1. mixmansc

WTB - 12 16gb sticks Reg ECC PC3L 12800 (1600mhz low voltage) + E5-2470 V2 x2

As title states..... upgrading a couple of older servers. Want to get a dozen 16GB sticks of low voltage ram, and a pair of CPU's. Can be separate sales of course but I do want all ram sticks to preferrably match (but not absolute mandatory if specs match, and I also might consider 1.5v ram)...
  2. mixmansc

Quanta LB6M security warning

No not possible.
  3. mixmansc

[FS] Quanta LB6M Switch - Essentially new

SOLD! Bought it from Unix Plus brand new. Deal thread is here in the networking forum as well as the super long thread on upgrading these with the Brocade firmware. I've already done the upgrade. Its ready to go. I ended up not using it for a project so it sitting here and was never really even...
  4. mixmansc

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Glad to see that license issue got resolved pretty quickly! Some people just have no scruples and will take advantage of any situation to make a quick buck. Same sort of thing happened with Dahua IP cameras that were made for the China market. Those are a LOT cheaper than ones made for...
  5. mixmansc

If anyone needs them a seller on eBay has a pair of the 1000w power supplies for the 6610 POE (brand new rev C) models for dirt cheap. $10.00 plus shipping! Lot of 2 Brocade RPS16-E 1000W Power Supply for ICX6610 RPS16-E 881119179654 | eBay I dont need the power supplies (my 6610 is not POE)...
  6. mixmansc

Ah - did not read back through the whole thread so did not catch that this models thresholds cannot be changed. No worries. Not going to cut the top up but I do have a fan in there that directs some cooler air into the closet. I'll have to aim it a bit different. I can also re-route the bulk of...
  7. mixmansc

Quick one on the 6610. Can the fan speed thresholds be changed? I did not see the fan-threshold command in the cli but I might be looking in the wrong place. On mine, I put it in the rack today and about every 10 minutes the fans kick up to high for about 5 seconds. Does not take them long to...
  8. mixmansc

It seems to me that it might also be this.... "Power supply 2 not present" That is in the post log tony has a few posts up. I know on this 6610 I have if you do not have BOTH power supplies plugged in then the fans stay at full speed. When I started looking for a 6610 I did find a few with...
  9. mixmansc

Need NVMe PCIe Adapter Recommendation

Yes..... to use one of the plain cheaper cards your motherboard must support PCIe bifurcation either through a PLX chip on the board or through a couple of the very newest chipsets. Otherwise you need a multi-port M.2 PCIe card with a PLX chip on the card. Those are not very common yet. Aplicata...
  10. mixmansc

So.... on some more testing. If anyone is curious, the ram in the 6610-48 is a single PC2-5300 512MB REGISTERED ECC DDR2 667 SORDIMM. Also if anyone is curious, it will not fully boot with a non-ECC 1GB SODIMM. It does go into the initial memory test menu though and there is an option in that...
  11. mixmansc

I'd think it would be no username name
  12. mixmansc

Got my 6610-48 in..... what a nice piece of hardware! Many thanks to fohdeesha for another excellent and easy to follow guide! Mine is non-poe by the way. Mine came with two of the Rev a Emerson power supplies. Yeah, those buggers are loud at startup but really no worse than a couple of the...
  13. mixmansc

SanDisk HP DOPE1920S5xnNMRI 1.92TB SSD SAS 2.5" $250 or BO Free Shipping

Same seller has a few of these now.... HPE SAMSUNG 15.36TB 850333-002 AREA15T4S5xnNTRI MZ-ILS15T0 PM1633a 2.5" SSD SAS | eBay Slightly out of my budget at the moment.... :eek: Dunno about yall' but for that sort of money, a return with no warranty.... yeah, no.
  14. mixmansc

EMC XtremSF550

I have no idea on that.... someone else might on here. If you do a search on here for Virident you will find a number of threads where members have posted about them before which may or may not help...
  15. mixmansc

EMC XtremSF550

They can be used a a nice very fast SSD but I do not believe they are "bootable" cards. I'm not sure if there are newer drivers to make it work under Windows 10 for example but there might be. My worry would be what is the percentage of remaining life is. Both the management software and the...
  16. mixmansc

Interesting..... I'll be able to provide some more numbers on this in a few weeks. I have two Eaton 9130 UPS's in the rack here at my shop which I have configured for 240V and everything in the rack runs at 240V. In general, it tends to be slightly more efficient.... That being said, what I have...
  17. mixmansc

Frigging prices on these have gone nutso! :( Finally scored a 48 port 6610 (non-POE) though. Figures that literally the day I finally get around to installing the LB6M I run across this which fits needs even better. Seems like every time I come here I find some new storage or networking thing...
  18. mixmansc

Quanta LB6M security warning

No web interface on the LB6M.....
  19. mixmansc

Keystone patch panels - what are my options?

I've been using some from Cable Matters for a while now and really like them. For smaller installs or where you do not want to have to mess with a rack mount type they have a 12 port one that mounts like a standard telco block which is very handy. Its a standard 89d bracket (very common style...
  20. mixmansc

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

I wonder if anyone has found whatever was the last "quanta" firmware to mess around with? Looked at one of the actual Quanta firmware guides and they show screenshots of a web interface, lots of IPV6 stuff, etc.