Search results

1. D

X9SCL-F with E3-1220v2 and 4x4GB memory hangs under one specific load

Hi Blacklion, I have had similar experiences with x9-scm-f boards with Proxmox (linux based). Turned out that one of the nics caused the OS to hang completely (driver problem?). My collegue and I were able to reproduce the hanging by sending a large file (> 10GB) from that machine. Our...
  2. D

Error with replication

Hello Gea, I have a problem: I have 2 main filers (omnios+napp-it). On both filers 1 have zfs filesystems for vm's. I make daily snaps with the replication plugin (hold 14 days) to 2 backups filers (also omnios+napp-it). filer1 => backup1 and filer2 => backup2. Now i also want to make...
  3. D

mail replication joblog

Hello Gea, I have a omnios+napp-it backup server with paid replication plugin. The server gives me a daily status mail. I also like to receive an email with the replication job results. Is that possible? Best regards, dirk adamsky
  4. D

External backup

Hello MiniKnight, Gea and Chuckleb, I think indeed that rsync is the solution. I only want to copy virtual machine files of proxmox (only large diskfiles) and vmware (disk and configfiles). I do have good experience with Openvpn (using it from 2005 on) so i will build a tunnel to my home and do...
  5. D

External backup

Hello all, I am using Omnios+Napp-it as SAN and backup storage (with the Napp-it replication plugin) in my datacenter. The replication plugin works flawless for local backups/snapshots of the virtual machines). I now want to make external backups to my home. I have read that zfs replication...
  6. D

replace zfs usb boot mirror by zfs harddisk boot mirror

Hello all, I have a supermicro server with 6 3TB hdd in raidz2 for backup purposes. The OS is omnios stable + napp-it. Omnios is installed on 2 mirrored Sandisk 32GB usb3 sticks. Server did run for 120 days without a hitch. Unfortunately yesterday evening 1 of the Sandisk sticks died. I do have...
  7. D

ZFS advice on a new Omnios+Napp-it backup server

Hi dswartz, Thank you. I will disable sync and go for the raidz2 setup. Regards, Dirk
  8. D

ZFS advice on a new Omnios+Napp-it backup server

Hello all, i am building a new low power, low cost backupserver. This build will consist of the following hardware: 1. Asrock c2550d4i mainboard with 2 x 8GB mem and 12 SATA 2. Toshiba PA4293E-1HN0 3TB harddisk 6 pieces 3. 12 bay 2u case...
  9. D

Omnios

Hi Gea, I thank you for your reply. I did make another choice for my storage: i went for Freenas 8.x. Reason: the commercial support. BTW: one of the main developers of OI decided to quit recently... When i do have some spare time i will test omnios to see if it's a freenas alternative.
  10. D

Omnios

Hi Gea, Thanks again for your fast reply.
  11. D

Omnios

Hi Gea, As promised the results of my test of Omnios yesterday evening. I started with downloading the omnios iso (347MB) and burning a cd. Then pulled it in my test server (hp microserver n36l with 8GB, serveraid m1015 in it-mode + 2 Seagate barracuda Green 2TB disks, 8Gb sandisk usb stick)...
  12. D

Omnios

Hi Gea, For your info: Theo Schlossnagle from OmniIt also thinks it's possible. I do have another question if you have the time: I am thinking about buying a Norcotek RPC-4216 or RPC-4224. That combined with a Supermicro mainboard X9SCM-F (with 2 pcie 8x and 2 pcie 4x slots). Do you think it's...
  13. D

Omnios

Hi Gea, thank you for your fast reply. I will test it this afternoon.
  14. D

Omnios

Hi Gea, will napp-it work on Omnios (http://omnios.omniti.com/)? Best regards, Dirk Adamsky