Search results

1. J

Chelsio T422-CR Half working..

Hello, (Mods, please move this if in wrong category) I have 2x Chelsio T422-CR NICs installed in my esx hosts. Both hosts are on the same patch level of 6.5. I have installed 6.5 Chelsio T5/T4 VIB and all interfaces appear. I have set both adapters to esxi mode using CLI tool. Now...
  2. J

Linux SMTP Relay for Exchange

Hello I currently have an Exchange server running in my home lab, since my ISP gives me a dynamic IP, I would like to set up a server in the cloud to use as a mail relay / smart host. Has anyone ever had any experience setting up a SMTP relay server from scratch on centos or ubuntu ? I...
  3. J

Best OS for SAN

Looking to improve on my home lab setup. I currently have 2 esxi servers and a synology nas im using as a SAN. The esxi hosts and synology all have 10G ethernet. The hosts are directly attached to the synology using DAC cables. I'm getting poor performance with the synology and am looking...
  4. J

Dual DAS setup?

I'm in the process of building a new SAN for my vmware lab. My new storage server consists of : Chenbro RM23612 12-Bay Chassis Supermicro X8DT6-F Motherboard with the onboard LSI 2008 flashed to IT Mode. I want to have the fastest connection to my esxi servers using DAS. I've seen a lot of...