Search results

1. Zack Hehmann

WTB [US] 8 Sticks of 3200MHZ RAM for EPYC 7002

Hello, I'm looking to buy 8X 32GB DDR4 2XR4 @3200MHZ or 8X 64GB DDR4 @3200MHZ. Not sue what I have found is a good price. I have for each stick shipped and tax at $56.00. I'm fine with going to eBay or buying form a member here. I'm having trouble finding good prices on eBay (searching for RAM...
  2. Zack Hehmann

Bought an EPYC 7532...Now what?

Hello, I ended up buying a h12ssl-c from Amazon. I only have 4 sticks of ram in and waiting on the others to be delivered by Amazon. I'm unable to get DIMM Channel D1 to recognize any sticks. I followed the memory slot suggestions for 2 and 4 sticks and I can't get D1 to ever work. Is it a...
  3. Zack Hehmann

Docker multi host setup

Hello @zecas, I'm definitely not an expert with containers. I have used docker in my home lab on a few different hosts/vm running docker. I personally working towards moving to Kubernetes as I would like to have it running on multiple VMs/Hosts at home and not worry about a service...
  4. Zack Hehmann

What board has more bugs? The h11 or the h12 ones?
  5. Zack Hehmann

I asked the seller if the CPU was locked to dell and they stated it was unlocked.
  6. Zack Hehmann

I just bought an Epyc 7532 from eBay for $325 (hopefully it was a good deal?). I'm not sure exactly what I plan on doing with this, but I know I'll be running Docker/Kubernetes, VMs, and misc. Linux tasks. Haven't decided on the OS yet, ESXi, Linux bare metal, or Proxmox? Also considering making...
  7. Zack Hehmann

Any Good?? Avaya AL3500A14-E6 3510GT-PWR+ Managed 8 Port Switch

Hello, I came across an Avaya AL3500A14-E6 3510GT-PWR+ Managed 8 port switch. It's relatively in expensive. I have never used Avaya before. I was hoping to use this switch at my desk and have it connect back to my juniper or Cisco switch. My hope was to power a POE device or 2 for testing and...
  8. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Let's say I move to a bigger USB drive, would this be a good method to backup the settings so I can be back to where I was with the smaller flashdrive? I'm certain I have used this before, but I'm not sure what you guys use or have done. I thought that I read that increasing the local disk...
  9. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Host is still up and running past the time it was getting before. Unfortunately there isn't a way to determine what the real cause is since I listed the three things that were changed. I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Should I delete some unused vibs? I don't have an easy way to...
  10. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

I also came across this site. I used the ISO from VMware directly and did not use a vendor ISO. Because I'm so close the the PSOD timser, I might want and see if time passes with out the kernel panic happening. The vib removal process requires a host reboot, so I'm going to wait until 2 days is...
  11. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

I copied the latest vib to the ESXi host to the /tmp directory. Following Intel's install guide I get that I don't have enough space on the host? [root@localhost:/vmfs/volumes/5d2c2764-c92001c4-6083-90b11c154990] esxcli software acceptance get PartnerSupported...
  12. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

I was able to find this VMware ESXi 6.5 intel-nvme-vmd 1.8.0.1001 NVMe Driver for Intel dated 2019-06-24 I feel like several things that I changed that were mentioned in my first post. e.g. cpu upgrade, vCenter server install, e.t.c. so I'm not trying to change a bunch of things all at once. I...
  13. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Here is the output from my host. [root@localhost:~] esxcli software vib list |grep nvme intel-nvme 1.3.2.8-1OEM.650.0.0.4598673 INT VMwareCertified 2019-05-03 mx-nvme 1.0.50.0-1OEM.600.0.0.2768847 MAN...
  14. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

Link to PSOD screenshots.
  15. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

No, I have not. What would I do to show what driver I'm currently using? Also what would I need to do to update the driver?
  16. Zack Hehmann

PSOD Woes

All I have been receiving PSOD errors on one of my hosts at home. This has been going on for about a month. Usually the host will stay up for 1 day and 15 hours before doing a kernel dump. I reduced the number of VMs running to just the vCenter server and it still crashes. The error is PF...
  17. Zack Hehmann

LG 27inch Freesync IPS 4K monitor $419 from Newegg

Can anyone tell me what the point of FreeSync is when it's a 60Hz panel? I really like the display, but if I go 4K, I'm going to try and get something more than 60Hz Since that's what I have and I play FPS games. I heard that having higher clocked panels is supposed to be the bees knees, but I...
  18. Zack Hehmann

How Does Microsoft ID Motherboard for Windows 10 Upgrade

Thanks for the suggestions. Turns out that when I swapped the BIOS chips, the ID that Microsoft uses to identify board was in the BIOS chip and activated Win 10 Pro automatically. I don't know if anyone on the internet discovered it already, but when I searched google for it, I wasn't able to...
  19. Zack Hehmann

Power Issues with HP ProLiant DL380 G7

I have an HP ProLiant DL380 G7 that is such a pain to turn on. Pushing the power button on the front of the server doesn't turn it on. I even tried turning it on using the power button while logged into the iLO. When I first got it, I ended up pulling out the front power panel and verifying...
  20. Zack Hehmann

How Does Microsoft ID Motherboard for Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello all, I had a motherboard fail on me. I had done a Windows 10 free upgrade with it. I'm curious what ID Microsoft is using to identify the motherboard. I ended up making a post on reddit. I thought you guys might be more knowledgeable. Here is my post - Link to the reddit post. Thanks...