Search results

1. K

Need help with lsi 9261-8i

Just installed a 9260 on Thursday. Close enough? Running vmware on it, so no megarec, but the office is closed over the weekend and I have a key. Let me know if you haven't found an alternative.
  2. K

MikroTik CRS326-24S+2Q-RM Thread

@Patrick, did you ever revisit this? Thinking about ditching my ProCurve 5406 for this switch to get more SFP+, 40GB would be nice, and hopefully quieter homelab closet. Wondering what your experience with the 40mm fan is.
  3. K

vmware + storage box or just HyperV it?

Backup and power protection is handled since day one. Agreed, sata DOM is the way to go. Never had an issue with my 710s and SD though. Or even my 1950s with good USB even. I have not been impressed with Synology, Drobo, QNAP, etc. I've already got a linux box that does samba, etc, and...
  4. K

My 3x R710s with 3x EQL 6x00E SANs when I was doing corporate worked great. Accountants wouldn't splurge for 10G so I had 12x1GbE per host, 8 per EQL. Talk about spaghetti, I was there every day though so whatever. But the BLINKY LIGHTS! For this client, I'm an hour away and a ferry from the...
  5. K

I could pass SSDs to the VM, but then what do I do for the others? With only 6 disks, I could hold one back, but then I just have one disk for all other VM IO. It would be nice to have vsan/storage spaces/amalgamationwhatever, but for just one host that I can manage from vmware. Which is why...
  6. K

CAD Company I'm supporting started with 3 employees, owner included, and a server that I built for them. Ubuntu 14.04, 18TB raid 6 on an Areca 1224 with WD 3TB reds. Everything has been working great for three years. Built the CAD workstations too. Latest are i7 6850K with 128GB memory, GTX...