Search results

1. N

Help: SuperMicro 721TQ chassis and Hard drive temperatures

Greetings all! I have a X10SDV-8C-TLN4F Board and 4 x 6 TB SAS drives in CSE-721TQ chassis and thermals are making me uncomfortable. When I set the Fan profile to Standard and Optimal, the air flow doesn't appear to be sufficient with the provided 120mm rear fan and the drive temps are hitting...
  2. N

Supermicro 826, X10SRW, 256GB DDR4 - $160 + Shipping

If anyone is looking for SC-826, I think this is a good deal. I'd think the Mobo & RAM itself would be about that. 3 available at the time of post. Seller sent me an offer for 145 + shipping just because I saved it. Couple of things to keep in mind this appears to be a SAS3 Expander back...
  3. N

AVAGO RAID 530-8i PCIe 12Gb 9400-8i Adapter $44 + $10 Shipping

Minos has 10 cards at the time of this post. Link
  4. N

Need help with pfSense Site-Site OpenVPN configuration issue.

Background: I'm planning to put a small AIO box with 4 drives at an offisite at my daughter's place. I started configuring the unit at home with ESXi 6.7, VM for pfsense, napp-it VM and a small ubuntu VM for testing etc. Followed the steps on netgate's docs as well as other guides. Got it to...
  5. N

Help with CX456A ( HP OEM)

I have a CX456A (HP OEM) flashed to Mellonox stock FW. It's in a PCIe 3 x16 slot. lshw shows 56 Gb/s on each port. Is that normal? # lspci -vv | grep -i mellanox lspci: Unable to load libkmod resources: error -12 04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27700 Family...
  6. N

Supermicro 846 chassis

This listin popped up on my CL alerts. Not a great price but negotiable and the seller has quantity available. San Antonio and surrounding areas can avoid shipping. Internals are pretty dated so not worth much if any...
  7. N

42U server racks $100 each - Local pickup

Did not want to post this in deals section as these pop-up around this price. GoodWill San Antonio has multiple available https://www.goodwillsa.org/sites/default/files/2020-06/GES_Parts%26Accessories%2BFeatures_20200604.pdf
  8. N

128MB flash drive that will protect you from the harmful effects of 5G

Guess there are plenty of gullible people. https://www.pentestpartners.com/security-blog/reverse-engineering-a-5g-bioshield/
  9. N

Supermicro CSE-PT26L-B 4U Rails

Seems like a good price for these supermicro 4u rails $54 shipped for 2 NIB sets. 8 lots of 2 sets available at the time of posting https://www.ebay.com/itm/333373903474
  10. N

Supermicro X10SRA-F in a boot loop cycle

My SM X10SRA-F started this behavior and I can't seem to resolve it. Exact symptoms as described in their FAQ - https://www.supermicro.com/support/faqs/faq.cfm?faq=20762 Tried both BIOS and FW reflash to the latest version and also back to the previous version. Removed the battery and cleared...
  11. N

IBM-N2215/SAS9302-8i for $59.99 OBO

Not a smoking hot but decent price and they seem to have ~30 in stock at the time of posting. I don't have a need and I've not ordered so not sure how low they are willing to go on BO. The bracket is not in the pic. If you don't already have the spare brackets, that may be additional cost...
  12. N

Dell Precision 5810

Not sure if this is one seller or market is plush with retiring machines. Barebones with e5-1603 v3 are going for 60-70+shipping in recently closed auctions.
  13. N

Any experience with SMART AM70-L?

I came across this controller unit while searching for SMART / Wacom tablets. Seems like a decent CPU. Ivybridge I7 embedded/mobile. Not able to find much info on the board and If it can be repurposed for other uses.
  14. N

X11SSL-F memory

Can someone who have this board please confirm if non-ecc udimms work? Specs only list ECC UDIMMs.
  15. N

SOHOpelessly-broken-2

Version 2: https://www.securityevaluators.com/whitepaper/sohopelessly-broken-2/
  16. N

Mellanox 354A Pro $40

Here is a listing of Pro cards. I have not seen these listed lately below $90 mark. INFINIBAND FDR/ETHERNET 10GB/40GB 2-PORT 544+QSFP ADAPTER | eBay
  17. N

Intel P4308 + S2600CP4 barebones New-In-Box

If anyone is looking for barebones 2011 V2, here is an option worth exploring. Kalleyomalley have 9 of these in stock. As always, list price doesn't matter and depends on how low they are willing to accept. I'd think start with $200 and see if they go around that. Didn't want to post this...
  18. N

question regarding Intel A1U44X25NVMEDK - NVME kit

Does anybody have the PCIe card in this kit? Wondering if that is compatible with non Intel boards? With PLX chip? Even if the backplane & drive caddies are set aside, The card and 4 NVME cables alone could be a good price if it does have onboard PLX. Intel A1U44X25NVMEDK - Drive Combo...
  19. N

Supermicro 836 + Rails, NIB 115+ shipping

This is a Dell Compellent CT-SC030. Seller claims it's new in box so less chance of packaging / shipping issues. Has 26 in stock at the time of posting. Being the motherboard such an older gen, I assume SAS1 back plane. So the innards are eWaste and most likely need replace the backplane...
  20. N

Xeon D-1587, SR2M1

Are there motherboards without SOC/CPU? I see Icomouter_ on eBay listing the Xeon D-1587 / SR2M1. My understanding has been FCBGA boards have the SOC soldiered on.