Search results

1. M

Short rack build for BranchCache in our branch offices

I'm looking at assembling half a dozen systems for our branch offices to speed up logon/logoff and file access in our Windows domain. Specifically these should fit typical network rack closets so front I/O, short depth and low heat output are crucial. What I've read a BranchCache server is...
  2. M

I have Tesla T4 cards and I don't know what to do with them

Sorry for the clickbaity title, I'll explain. Somehow we have a few Tesla T4 cards for a while that are collecting dust because these were included in some servers while we didn't order or pay these. We don't have any use case for them realistically as the only use case we could figure out...
  3. M

[EU] Looking for cheap SFP+ switches and QSFP+ backbone switch

I have a few ConnectX-3 cards with dual QSFP+ ports on each and I'd like to have their capacity available for a local LAN party (36 total 1G ports required) without breaking the bank. The problem is the QSFP+ enabled switches common in the US are either much more expensive in the EU or just...
  4. M

Expanding half-full HP MSA P2000 G3 SAS

Hi, my first post, let's get right to it: Our small 250-500 seat non-profit has a simple ESXi 5.1 HA-setup which runs two ESXi hosts and a SAS storage unit, the HP MSA P2000 G3. When I started here, as a junior, this setup was just a few months old. It had half of the single shelf filled with...