Search results

1. S

SM X9 mem issues with just 2 slots, UNLESS lock to 1066

No problem. In all my years of building and fixing, I've never seen a chipset fail, especially a Intel chipset like a Intel 602J I had. Hope you figure something out and the final answer isn't the chipset related problem. I'm on the search for a new board now possibly. EDIT: The RAM I was using...
  2. S

SM X9 mem issues with just 2 slots, UNLESS lock to 1066

I recently just had a RAM issue on my X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD and I did everything the same as you, although I thought I had a dead RAM slot. I tested all my RAM and everything was good. I guess it wasn't a bad RAM slot.. or technically was. tl;dr I sent it in to Supermicro and my chipset was...
  3. S

Monero Mining Performance

Ya, that's WAY to low. Run b-factor min 9-10 if you wanna use your desktop at the same time while mining. Just play with it and see how laggy it gets.
  4. S

So currently I felt like testing my 1070 8GB version, OCed the hell out of it. Using xmr-stak-nvidia Around 710-717H/s. If I lower bfactor since It's my desktop so I don't lag, I get up to 717-721H/s https://i.imgur.com/99K8d2w.png
  5. S

Anyone getting a lot of bad shares recently on minergate? My bad share have been going up a lot lately with my CPU clients. Ran fine for a whole month straight, and the past 2 weeks it hasn't been that good.
  6. S

I may be slightly drinking due to my results, but maybe its because the L3 cache of scaling with core count. (Not counting AVX vs AVX 2.0) If it scaled with core count as I am no engineer, I'm basing my numbers off of my E5-2670 V1's 8 core 20MB 16 Core 40MB 24 Core 60MB and so on, maybe...
  7. S

So I was getting really annoyed why I was getting such low numbers with 2x E5-2670's at 669H/s on Server 2016. Then I realized Windows goes by Nodes or NUMA (Says Node in Task Manager), I already knew it went by NUMA, but hell.. Windows has to be different. So, gotta what I did before, I was...
  8. S

For 2 CPU's on Server 2016, which really sucks honestly. It's also running the github project I posted xmr-stak-cpu Later on, before I put in the 2nd CPU, I was pushing 389H/s with 1 CPU. Technically I should be getting between 770-780H/s if I just double 389 with variable hashing due to the...
  9. S

Quick update, threw in my second 2670v1 cause I was bored. I didn't pull one of the hard drives that is idle 24/7, but I don't think its a big issue regarding getting power numbers. According to PMBUS: Average: 234 watts with both CPUs. Only 25 threads, anymore and performance goes to crap...
  10. S

Per the base config, I've only enabled LARGE PAGE SUPPORT since I'm on Windows which gave it a big boost, also per these lines. "cpu_threads_conf" : [ { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 }, { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true...
  11. S

So got bored and tested/running it on my E3-1225 v3 @ 3.2 Using this release since this is my Windows storage server: Releases · fireice-uk/xmr-stak-cpu · GitHub 2012 R2 - 32GB Total EDIT: I upped it to all threads. http://i.imgur.com/tIcKEVI.png
  12. S

Newegg via Ebay: *Refurbished* SAMSUNG Data Center Series SV843 2.5" 960GB SSD

I just got my drives in. Two of them. Look brand new. Same firmware, same birth date, quite close in serial from the batch. From the first SSD: Start stop count 4. Yes, they are MLC drives: http://www.samsung.com/us/business/oem-solutions/pdfs/SM843TSV843-ProdOverview-2014.pdf Running tests...
  13. S

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Yup SQ for Super Quiet. Yup, the older PSU is loud as hell and a aircraft turbine pretty much. It's nice and quiet in my closest right now. The loudest thing now is the 3x 80mm Delta's in the chassis
  14. S

Little update on everything since I got the gear. Everything has been running smoothly, I got a good deal on a CSE-825 chassis, but got the dreaded PWS-702A-1R So, got rid of those and scored a PWS-1K28P-SQ You may wonder how that would run/fit since 1. It's a "custom" Avail via the Gold...
  15. S

No drives detected by LSI 2308 (On-board SM)

I was starting to wonder that the cable was screwing me. The whole forward, reverse cables got me all confused at first. Me assuming at first they were all the same, which I was wrong. I got a SM Part# in-route which I found someone had spares laying around, just gotta paying shipping. Used...
  16. S

No drives detected by LSI 2308 (On-board SM)

I'm wiring up my backplane to my on-board LSI 2308. I went full dummy and ordered HP cable (538872-002) SFF 8087 > SATA w/ Sideband when I should've got the SuperMicro CBL-0097L-03 cable.. maybe. Chassic: CSE-825 Board: X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD Backplane: BPN-SAS-825TQ So the HP sideband was totally...
  17. S

Could be crap paste. I learned the first application since the IHS is huge on these 2670's. Didn't put enough on. Put more on and bam, lowered my temsp quite a bit. Ran it maybe for a few hours when I noticed the temps weren't within my range. Used Shin Etsu X23. MX-4 may have worked better but...
  18. S

Supermicro IPMI - Missing readings

Every cable I know thats existing inside the case is connected besides 1 cable which is the serial port on the front header.
  19. S

Supermicro IPMI - Missing readings

Board: X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD Chassis: CSE-825 PSU: pws-702a-1r (Sadly for the time being) Latest BIOS and BMC/IPMI Issue 1: In IPMI Web and and IPMIView20 I only see PS2 status, and not the other PSU. I have it hooked up, and the server auto fails over when I disconnect the other PSU, vice versa...
  20. S

So I've been looking around and looks like the Supermicro boards are SFF-8087 Mini-SAS connections. Bare with me, I haven't touched SAS until this board. I've read a post to get quality cables at-least when it comes to this, so HP/DELL etc part #'s, will that be fine as long as it's 8087...