Search results

1. R

EXPIRED Precision 7820 Tower, dual Silver 4110, 32gb, 1tb ssd, P600 $349 shipped

Any shelf will add to the 4U size, as the machine itself is exactly 4U in width. I personally did end up buying the official dell parts, even if they were expensive. My machine sits slightly too far to the left for some reason and rubs up against the side of the rack itself... but that may...
  2. R

EXPIRED Precision 7820 Tower, dual Silver 4110, 32gb, 1tb ssd, P600 $349 shipped

For anyone who wanted to rack mount their 7820 (or 5820) like I did, I would suggest just getting a shelf to put it on instead of going the official route. The official route requires two different parts: Dell MT0MN Rack Conversion Kit, and Dell 0D2K5P Poweredge 3U Rail Kit. Neither of which...
  3. R

Thats weird. They do sell both models, so it is possible that the shipping labels got mixed up or something. The one I ordered was correct. The only issue I had was the rear handle was broken due to not a whole lot of packaging... but the rest of the system was fine.
  4. R

Back in stock again.. "More than 10 available"
  5. R

Looks like this is back in stock again on the first listing: Dell Precision 7820 x2 Xeon Silver 4110 32GB RAM 1TB SSD BTO Desktop*NO OS* | eBay I snagged one when it said 4 available, but now it shows as 6 available after my order was processed.
  6. R

Let's have an "Expired" tag in Great Deals

Just to bump this back up to the top here.. This is still an ongoing issue in the subforum. Even on Black Friday/Cyber Monday week, there are about 10 old expired threads still taking up room on the first page with discussions about things bought several years ago. I'd like to revisit two...
  7. R

HP DL580 Gen10 Quad Gold 6230 256GB Ram for $11567 in CDW Outlet

I really need to ask.. who needs a $10,000 USD server with 80 physical cores in their home? I am not saying that this isn't a good deal for what it is.. but I do question the relevance for the audience here.
  8. R

@Patrick - That is precisely what I was thinking. Perhaps "Expired Deals Discussion" or something of the sort. That way the discussion can keep going, but not keep deals long over up on the first few pages. I do like that some of the old deals posts turn into long-term support threads...
  9. R

Better yet.. Have an "Expired" sub-forum, and move the threads out so the discussion can continue but not clutter up the lists.. It would require a little moderation, but it shouldn't be too big of a job. Having an Expired tag is great, but the threads are still there cluttering things at the...
  10. R

SuperMicro A1SRI-2558F Mini-ITX Motherboard $110 + ship

I just received my board back from Supermicro yesterday afternoon, and swapped it into one of my NAS4Free boxes where it is working quite nicely now. It appears that they replaced the video chip for my no video issue. I did request that they address the AVR54 bug while they had it, but I...
  11. R

Mine powers on, and seems to boot the OS, but I get no video out of it at all either over the VGA port or even the IMPI. I can login to IMPI just fine, but it says "No Signal" in the Java console... I made sure that the VGA enable jumper is set correctly, and I also cleared the CMOS with no...
  12. R

It looks like I bought the last two from the seller, but they were 4gb PC3-1333 ECC SODIMMs for $26/ea. I did see that faster 8gb stick linked above, but I wanted the dual channel config.
  13. R

Nice, Ive been on the lookout for a quadcore Atom or Celeron ITX board for a while now. I picked up this, a pair of 4GB ECC SODIMMs and the free Google Home Mini in one deal today.
  14. R

eBay.com in App 15% off Site Wide Max. $50 Discount *Starts on 04/26; 8AM PST to 1PM PST

That is the 20% deal on specific sellers that is currently active. This is a completely different deal which has not started yet.
  15. R

Suggestions on Catalyst Switches

That is true, but you can only stack more 2975s with other 2975s. None of that series have SFP+ as an option. I would use a 4948E as the primary switch, and connect the 2975 via LACP for the POE needs.
  16. R

Suggestions on Catalyst Switches

I would say that the 4948E would fit your requirements the best, and they can be had for around $250 on eBay. Make sure you are getting an actual 4948E, which are silver in color.. not green/grey. There are a lot of listings for "4948-E" on eBay which are not the same switch.
  17. R

DLink DGS-1510-28X 4x 10Gbe SFP+ @Amazon "Used" $199 Prime

I used the Noctua fan as noted in the link above. I also am seeing about 28C in my typical operating load with the temp in the room a little cooler than normal. It says in the GUI that its operational range is 11C to 79C, so there is quite a ways to go before I hit that limit.
  18. R

My switch showed up today, and I swapped the fan right away before even powering it up. It is not audible over my Supermicro SC836 and was in exactly as described condition.
  19. R

@Patrick Did you run into any issues with SFP+ and/or DAC incompatibilities? I have a couple of "Cisco" DACs and some some generic Cisco compatible SR SFP+'s in my stash... I would rather order some compatible DACs now if this switch is particularly picky.
  20. R

There is a post on here about replacing the fan with something quieter. I found it here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/edited.4277/#post-44386 I already ordered one of these fans to replace it once the switch shows up.