Search results

1. E

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Good points. As I just bought a house a new server is going to have to wait. I think for the time being I will just try the fans blowing directly down on heatsinks as you recommended and then upgrade to new server at a later date. Thanks for all your help
  2. E

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Spyrule, Thanks for all your advice. I like the idea of putting some fans on the heatsinks to blast them with fresh air. Would I just cut a square out of the case in this case?? Or do you think even just having the internal air blowing directly on them would be enough along with front fans...
  3. E

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

That sounds like a good idea, I think I will try it Was there a spot to power fan on the mobo? Did you just point the fan towards the back? I saw another user who had cut a hole out of the top to place an exhaust fan there. Since I only have two speeds currently I was thinking about doing...
  4. E

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

It is one of the lower ones, but they are both lower now as I removed one of them after I shorted it out.
  5. E

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

I have found the culprit; a loose screw. :( Unfortunately, I believe I have fried one of the nodes. Does anyone happen to have one for sale? Also, after changing into the San Ace fans my temperature keeps hitting 80 degrees C and triggering alarm. Did anyone else have this problem? I put...
  6. E

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Prickly, Yes, at least I am sure all fans are blowing air. Is that what you mean? My understanding is the fans don't run from one of the servers but rather from the shared BMC. When in the American Megatrends IPMI it only shows 2 CPU temps, however. Is there a separate IPMI for each server or...
  7. E

Dell 3-Node AMD DCS6005

Hello all, first off this thread has been very helpful with my purchase of a DCS6005 a year or so ago, thank you. Now, the problem...I am moving soon and the noise this thing generates is going to be a problem. I purchased some fans I saw recommended, the SAN ACE 80s. I put them in today...