Search results

1. G

Which Tiny/Mini/Micro to Get for a 4K Plex Server?

HP 290 and HP S01 could work too https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/official-hp-s01-pf1013w-owners-thread-and-review/9070
  2. G

Where can I find hdd trays/caddies for HGST 4U60G2 60 bay chassis

I have a 4u60 and a great 3d scanner. I could try taking one apart and scanning/photographing all the parts. I assume the 4u60G2 uses the same trays. Did you ever find any?
  3. G

The Green Hornet - All Flash Mini-ITX NAS - 100TiB usable

Yeah no rush on any of that was just wondering if you had the numbers. On a liveaboard sailboat every watt counts since you generate it yourself. Im still years away from buying a boat
  4. G

The Green Hornet - All Flash Mini-ITX NAS - 100TiB usable

What is your idle power usage and max power under load? I always thought something like this would be great for being on a liveaboard sailboat where minimal power usage and tiny footprint is key
  5. G

Samsung PM853T drives too old?

I've got a PM853T still going strong. I got it for good write endurance and it hasn't had an issue yet
  6. G

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

If anyone has it, I need a copy of the most recent Quanta windmill bios. I have F03C3A07. Not sure what is on it until i boot it up but would like 10 and 11 to be able to add if get the v2 xeons I have both a few wywinn and a single quanta board. Anything newer than the v3 bios for the wywinns...
  7. G

Open Compute WindMill v2 Motherboard

Which manufacturer and version do you have? Quanta or Wywinn? I may have a copy of the quanta and wywinn somewhere as i have both.
  8. G

[FS] [US-MA] Brocade ICX 7250-48

Also looking for the 24p or 48p version. Part of upgrade is adding poe for Aps and cameras. Good luck
  9. G

NVIDIA Quadro P2000 new for $350

Man my rack pulls 450 watts idle haha. Considering my electric cost per kwh thats $366 a year. I need to go device by device and see what is pulling what. The server itself (not counting hgst 4u and hard drives) is only 80 watts so not sure it is worth downgrading unless i can run at miniscule...
  10. G

NVIDIA Quadro P2000 new for $350

If emby went by users and not by devices I'd use it a lot more. I actually like it a lot especially for feeding out iptv/dvr. That's impressive it can do 18 transcodes on plex. Hmm makes me wonder what i could do to reduce my power usage levels and simplify
  11. G

15TB SAS3 SSDs $1500

Good point about SAS it is power hungry. I have a few. Sata seems to be the sweet spot
  12. G

15TB SAS3 SSDs $1500

I have a future use for them but not yet. Hopefully prices come down even more. I'm going to go the large ssd route when i get a big catamaran sailboat to live on in a few years. I'll be able to keep my storage, not susceptible to wave motion and super low power is needed. Low power usage is...
  13. G

Looking for router advice before moving to AT&T fiber

Yep all 0 bytes on the .der files ill give sync a shot. The mfg.dat came through ok I copied over the files a few different ways. That and typeing "sync" before the umount seemed to fix it. So finally have the valid .der files
  14. G

Yep that was it baud rate of 115200 worked. I now have valid certs and mfg.dat for the 210. I must be doing something wrong in supplicant mode of pfsense. It hangs at waiting for eap to authorize when using the script. Bah
  15. G

yeah I used 9600 default with putty so not sure what the issue was
  16. G

Could someone send me the valid .der certs for a nvg589? I put them together manually plain text from a file i found online. However, I can't get the EAP process to authorize and I'm thinking it may be those .der cert files. The mfg.dat file was pulled directly from the bios chip. Unless...
  17. G

So i have my certs. Was able to desolder and pull the required files from the nvg589 chip. Once I get a window for downtime I'll switch to supplicant mode in pfsense. I'll get the certs off the BGW210 when i get a chance too
  18. G

EU HGST 4U SAS3 12GB/s Storage Enclosure 60 bays £299

Yes i have mixed sas and sata drives and have no issue (4 sas drives, 26 sata) I have been using it this way for over two years. Only difference is the sas drives show up twice in my drive list due to being seen on both sas backplanes which is normal and i just pick one in my debian omv drives list
  19. G

the ebay guy is out of certs so i'm getting the flash tool for the nvg589 cheapo i have. I'll keep an eye out for cheap att routers i can dump the certs on for others if he doesn't load up again
  20. G

I did not know you could bypass these AT&T routers completely. Just ordered NVG589 to desolder (i have a Pace) for $19. Ill be dumping firmware for certs and going with supplicant method on my pfsense box