Search results

1. V

SuperMicro RAID Windows can't see drives (Solved)

I figured out how do get it to work and it took many attempts of using the typical F6 driver and many hours of figuratively banging my head on the wall to get something to work. You have to build your own installer image and slipstream drivers into the installer. I ended up slip streaming...
  2. V

Will I've definitely confirmed that it's a driver issue though I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I loaded up Linux on a flash drive, booted to it and there the drive were, sitting, waiting, ready to go. I did also find this...
  3. V

Finally got it to boot, just had to walk away, I guess watching it was like watching and waiting for water to boil, just wasn't going to happen while I was watching. Anyhow, that driver didn't work either, it didn't even recognize any compatible hardware.
  4. V

Tried it without the SSD's in a RAID configuration running AHCI and no luck. Trying to boot it now after resetting the CMOS and making all the adjustments but it's seemingly stuck at DXE--ACPI Initialization
  5. V

I'm wondering now if the RAID key is required to see the arrays. I looked, I don't see it installed
  6. V

Interesting, just tried to install with AHCI and still couldn't find the disks, I'm really at a loss here as to why the installer can't see the the drives. RAID was disabled, AHCI enabled
  7. V

I just downloaded the other ISO and tried a whole list of the RSTe drivers and still no luck. I'm starting to think that maybe I should just switch to AHCI and use the Windows software mirror
  8. V

I tried the driver that I could find that it would recognize per one of my images above, problem is I can't find the driver and I have tried the drivers in the RSTe folder that I found on the SuperMicro iso that I burnt to a disc. Any ideas on how I can get this server to see the drives?
  9. V

The problem is with installing the OS as seen here...
  10. V

Yes, both arrays are configured via the BIOS so the BIOS does see the drives just fine as well as the Intel RAID controller but Server 2019 is unable to see the arrays no matter the driver I load and I've tried a bunch. I also thought it needed to be initialized though I didn't see a option for...
  11. V

I'm having a heck of a time with this server I'm trying to load 2019 on. The setup is 2 RAID 1 arrays, 1 consists of 2 250GB SSDs the other is 2 2TB drives. The motherboard is this board... https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/X11SDW-4C-TP13F The driver is supposedly this driver...
  12. V

Small server question/suggestions?

Ahh, that makes sense. I haven't tried running a Windows Server on a Atom CPU. The only thing I didn't like about that was the non-hot swap drives though the one I was looking at only had 2 of them hot swap. Something I wish SuperMicro put on the Atom series appliances. Still though not a bad...
  13. V

C3000? In a sense to future proof things overkill is or can be a good thing. I'd rather not be replacing hardware again in 2 to 4 years but rather wait 5 to 10 years, preferably 8 to 10 when by then it's so obsolete it's pointless to run. Oh and if you're refering to a HP C3000, sorry, I really...
  14. V

I'm considering setting up a client with a 1019D-4C-FHN13TP and wanted to get some opinions/input. The reason I chose that device is due to it's size. Unfortunately the client's cabinet only allows for up to about 16" max in depth and because there are only 2 users. The appliance will mostly be...
  15. V

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

The console is the most stable and safest way to make changes to the switch, at least to my understanding. If you're unable to determine the IP of the switch then it may be set to DHCP on the management port. The management port is another switch port dedicated to only switch management. Try...
  16. V

I forgot about that, or just simply didn't have that issue. To re-enable all ports do the following... Login enable (enter password if any or just hit enter) configure no shutdown all exit exit logout
  17. V

Just set the login password to what you want. Take note of it somewhere. All the ports are VLAN 1 by default which is the automatic default of most if not all switches and leave the rest be. It will work without doing anything else to it.
  18. V

LB4M 1Gb Module?

Nice :( Well I ended up just getting a media converter which did the trick and brought the fiber up. It's likely better that way anyhow since everything has 1Gb ports or better anymore and keeps my SFP+ port open for something else.
  19. V

LB4M 1Gb Module?

no one has any suggestions?
  20. V

LB4M 1Gb Module?

I was wondering if someone could point me to a 1Gb fiber module that will work in the SFP+ slot in the switch?I tried a Dell Finisar module in it but it didn't recognize the module. Basically I'm trying to link over a 200ft fiber cable to one of these... LMP-0601G-SFP-24 Using a 850nm 1Gb LC...