Search results

1. S

Want - E5-2470-v2 - Qty 16

Thanks for the heads up. As always its buyer beware but its great of you to share your experiences to potentially mitigate the risks. Cheers
  2. S

Ebay does, but its more like the wild west, with sketchy delivery timetables and this site has far better information and intelligent discourse :)
  3. S

Thanks, if there's supply, there's supply, if not, not. I'll move onto plan b,c... Cheers
  4. S

Not desperate. If you have the product and a reasonable price we can do business. If not, not.
  5. S

Hi all, looking for: CPU: E5-2470-v2 Quantity: 16 Ship to: Canada Thanks in advance! Cheers
  6. S

HGST 100GB SAS SSD HUSSL4010BSS600 at 40usd

I have some supermicro 5017r-mtfs that I'd like to upgrade from SATA to SAS. Can anyone recommend a decent SAS card for this system (1u) and what if I need anything else to move from SATA to SAS. Thanks in advance. Cheers
  7. S

settings to have internet access at supermicro IPMI nodes...

Hi, just a heads up on IPMI and Supermicro gear. I've run into situations where the IPMI NIC piggybacks onto another live NIC, I presume depending on the power up order. Quite promiscuous and very annoying. I couldn't figure out why the unused ipmi nic with no cable attached had a DHCP address...
  8. S

W2buy Supermicro 5017r-mtf barebones x9sri-f

Hi all, looking for a one maybe two of these units or something equivalent. Have a couple of 1660v2 chips to find a home. Happy New Years :)
  9. S

Used Windows Licensing - How to get?

Ah yes I remember that now, thanks...I'll have to dig a little deeper into that ruling and see how it applies to MS. UsedSoft's website is annoying but I'll follow up with them and see what type of 'deals' are available.
  10. S

Seriously? Do you have any links or references that I can review as I could care less where I bought it from I just want to be compliant with MS. I might end up putting some boxes in Spain as they seem to have the best privacy laws for protecting the end users data. That would probably justify...
  11. S

Hey Chris, I spent quite some time with MS. I didn't get into the OEM scenarios as I build my own. So there remains Volume and Retail licensing. Volume you can't 'sell' or 'transfer' MS initially said I could sell/buy Retail licenses as long as there is proper documentation, COA, Key and Media...
  12. S

Hi all, wondering about your thoughts on buying used Windows 2012r2 licensing. I've read the eBay buying guides and to ensure you get the Certificate of Authentication (COA) media and keys. Any thoughts on where licensing an be picked up the cheapest? Cheers
  13. S

New Intel DC P3600 2.5" 800GB - $535

Hi, do you know if these can be put into some type of array? Like the performance just have concerns about fault tolerance Cheers
  14. S

Hynix 16Gb RDIMM DDR3L PC3L-12800R

Hynix HMT42GR7BFR4A-PB 16GB DDR3L-1600 PC3L-12800R CC/REG Server Memor Sorry....supposedly new which is the same as others used prices. I read the fine print but didn't see anything to indicate they are not new. Double check
  15. S

Hynix 16Gb RDIMM DDR3L PC3L-12800R

Hynix HMT42GR7BFR4A-PB 16GB DDR3L-1600 PC3L-12800R CC/REG Server Memory Buyer posting at $100 accepted $70
  16. S

200GB Hitachi UltraStar 2.5in Solid State Drive HUSSL4020ALF400 fibre interface $96 OBO

Here's how these pups perform, with a worse case 21PB of writes
  17. S

Edge and DMZ infrastruture - Your input

I'll have to up my Linux game. Looks like ELK has some potential here as I'm looking at a SIEM implementation and want to correlate meaningful events into action items.
  18. S

Thanks, so the you use the pfSense as a router/f/w on the edge, that saves me a dedicated device and 1 u and then just a matter of defining the h/w profile. Are you happy with the reporting capabilities and throughput?
  19. S

Hi, thanks for your input. My use case is actually quite simple, its just a matter of profiling the s/w and h/w that would best suite the needs. I've heard of pfSense and quite honestly am not sure how that stacks up to some of the bigger names but will definitely take a look, same goes for...