Search results

1. C@mM!

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Goddamn it. I've been patiently waiting for the 8 core, and you tease me with this! Back to waiting I guess :P. That heatsink looks nice and chunky though. I approve.
  2. C@mM!

Thanks Spuf. Makes my waiting more bearable. lol.
  3. C@mM!

Unfortunately the GB boards are the only mitx w/ SFP. Otherwise I would have bought a SM board by now.
  4. C@mM!

Gigabyte boards are still MIA :/
  5. C@mM!

Dual LGA2011 board (or barebone/prebuilt system) that supports 256GB ram and dual GTX 970 GPUs

Wondering what the 970's are for? For compute, they are a pretty poor option is all.
  6. C@mM!

Was going to go dedicated NAS + Server but now thinking virtual

If looking at Hyper-V rather than ESXi\Xen\KVM, you won't be able to passthru a storage controller. I've had success though with an SR-IOV HBA (lsi 93xx's for example) running Solaris+ZFS in this scenario however.
  7. C@mM!

Had a play with this yet? I've decided I'm giving up on my 16 core dreams since SFP + mitx is more important in my home lab, and would love an opinion before I pull the trigger on the first one I can find :D.
  8. C@mM!

Broadwell-E 10-cores, 20 threads!

Eh, these are only a sideshow unless they have ECC support
  9. C@mM!

Any availability on those yet Patrick?
  10. C@mM!

Supermicro X10SDV-TP8F

Due to a bureaucratic nightmare, my rack is short depth. Most NAS cases I've seen at Micro-ATX and above won't rack, and the latency is due to being a Hyper-V target. This might be promising Industrial Chassis | iStarUSA Products | D-260HB-DT - 2U Compact 6x 3.5" Bay Hotswap microATX Desktop...
  11. C@mM!

Supermicro X10SDV-TP8F

Quite possibly, the SuperMicro boards are almost perfect in this regard except the 10Gb being Base-T rather than SFP. Shrug, wouldn't be a problem if latency wasn't a concern in my usecase.
  12. C@mM!

Supermicro X10SDV-TP8F

No M.2. sadly
  13. C@mM!

Supermicro X10SDV-TP8F

Argh, why is this the only SuperMicro Xeon-D board with SFP+ MicroATX! Or that there is no decent MicroATX NAS Cases!
  14. C@mM!

Why Xeon d 1500 platforms so expensive

Personally, I don't think $2200 is that excessive for a 16 core, 32 thread part that also has dual 10Gb, low power, and includes the cost of the board, compared against most E5 anyway. Of course your IPC per core isn't as strong, but its strong enough imo.
  15. C@mM!

Still waiting on X10SDV-16C-TLN4F availability.... (or at least 1541 availability)
  16. C@mM!

I was like, how did I miss this board coming out, then saw the Marvel controller for SAS :P.
  17. C@mM!

Lets be honest, that board is perfect - yet let down by an absolute dearth of anything supporting mATX for NAS\home server work on the market.
  18. C@mM!

Perhaps, shall see I guess.
  19. C@mM!

Required cooling for X10SDV-F?

Out of curiosity, whats the size of the fan mounted on the X10SDV + models?