Search results

1. N

Looking for solid guide for powershell SS

I want to create a parity array with 3 disks. I have done so using the raid5 in disk management. It works well. But I know that there's some things i can do to get more speed. The problem is, google seems to be hiding them from me. Seems google results lately are not great. I've been reading and...
  2. N

Dell Precision T7810 + 3hdd's + os ssd

I'm having trouble finding a clear answer on this one. I can see 2 hdd bays at the bottom, maybe one in the 5.25" bay, but all the videos I watch have special brackets/cables that I can't find part numbers for. I would like 3 20tb hdd's so I can use windows storage spaces parity array. My...
  3. N

4 nvme in Dell Precision T5810

I'm looking to pick up 4x 2tb nvme drives to do a windows storage spaces parity array for vhd storage and code repo. My question is what pcie card would be best for it. Will I see a noticeable difference between the different levels of cards? The offical dell one is $170...
  4. N

sfp+ modules not working in new network card

I have ibm sfp+ modules that work all my network adapters. I picked up some dell x710 daughter cards and took my modules out of my old nic's and put them in the dell. No lights. I know the modules work. These are the dell's: Dell Intel X710 Quad Port 10Gb DA/SFP+ Ethernet, Network Daughter...
  5. N

PE R630 psu's

It seems that the r630 has 450w psu's and 750w psu's. I'm curious if I can get away with 450w's if i want to run a pair of e5 2680 v4, which is a 120w cpu. There will be a pair of ssd's for the OS, and a single dual port 10gb sfp+ card. I searched hard and couldn't' find much info.
  6. N

Rack CFM

I'm looking for a way to determine how much cfm my rack produces. My rack is in my basement in a server room that isn't enclosed yet. To enclose it, I need to make sure I have sufficient airflow. I picked up 4 50cfm bathroom ceiling fans that'll vent outside. I'm not sure if that's enough...
  7. N

Wiring power for c6220

I've just ordered a dell c6220 and need to wire up an outlet for it. I have a good understanding about electricity and was wondering if I'm going in the right direction. The idea was to do this: Then get one of these UPS's and plug it in...
  8. N

Chinese x79/C602 board

I went ahead and bought one of these boards: free shipping desktop motherboard new X79 motherboard LGA 2011 support REG ECC server memory All solid boards-in Motherboards from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group The one I bought was from amazon, and claimed SLI support. However...
  9. N

Samsung SM843T speeds

I recently picked up 6x Samsung SM843T 480gb SSD's, and thought I'd give them a review, since they're extremely affordable for what they are, and a few people jumped on them when I posted the deal. My system configuration is as follows: Dell R310 with X3430 cpu & 8gb ram Dell H800 HW raid...
  10. N

Samsung SM843T 480gb @100 ebay

I made offer of $80, he countered with $90. I accepted. Your results may vary. I bought 6 at a time. USED - OEM SAMSUNG SM843T 480GB SATA3 2.5" SSD INTERNAL ENTERPRISE DRIVE Spec Sheet: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/file/media/SM843T_Product_Overview-0.pdf *Sequential...
  11. N

Expanding storage spaces parity array

I have a storage pool with 5x4tb hdd's, and a single volume created that is mounted and 14.5tb. I want to add 2 more 4tb hdd's. That would give me 28tb of space unformatted, and with a parity capacity, 24tb, 21.8tb formatted. I have data on the drive now. I've had a hard time finding...