Search results

1. D

SUPERMICRO MBD-X12SPO-F-B ATX

yeah that is a really WTF, bought a ton of crap off woot over the years but something like this is new to me
  2. D

Making "Great Deals" private?

Bumping a old post, but one thing I want to point out, I often buy out alot of items that end up as "great deals" and never saw them until after, so don't assume that its STH that wipes the item out. I know that vendor very well, bought a half million+ from them over the years and never...
  3. D

ASUS RS500A AMD EPYC 9354P 384G /3.84TB nvme $6600 (takes offers)

RS500A-E9-RS4-U is EPYC 7k platform, not 9k Genoa, so very different. We have hundreds of both running, SM is great for what it is, building up your own stuff but that 12x u.3 nvme and double the ram slots if hard to beat on the ASUS setups. And incase anyone wondered that is our listing...
  4. D

"Taming" home network for kids by experts for experts

Bumping an old post. It's been nearly 3.5 years from the last update on this. Where do you guys stand now? I actually came across this post when doing a google search for "pfsense opnsense parental controls" It looks like the suggestion earlier in this was Sensei which looks to have...
  5. D

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

Its fun looking back at old threads like this as ram prices drop like a rock
  6. D

IBM U.2 flash core module 19.2tb $905

ha, great to see this thread. Yeah I had to bite on one a few weeks ago and its exactly as @redeamon says. pretty cool looking to see 40TB but no go on any real usage, and super hot. some boards show it as 4x NVMe drives, really odd stuff
  7. D

E5-2696 v4 (22 cores) under $200

Not sure, but if I had a guess that is correct. The core market for the X99 chipset wasn't server CPU's that was just a nice bonus (like the even older x79) but the X299 dropped that sadly and pushed the limited selection of CPUS.
  8. D

E5-2696 v4 (22 cores) under $200

If sticking with this generation, the Asus X99 stuff is about as good as you can get, I can confirm the X99_WS IPMI works fine with this cpu. not to self promote(sold 100+ ) but you can find them on ebay in the ~$200 range, high compared to the Chinese x99 but much higher quality.,
  9. D

8TB Ruler format SSD - P4500- listed at $900

You confused me for a minute by saying 7200 PBW as wow that would be amazing, I am thinking you wanted TBW / as its only 7.2PBW
  10. D

8TB Ruler format SSD - P4500- listed at $900

Hmmmm on a drive that large 8PB isn't that good of endurance, like a half drive write per day? Intel p3600 1.2TB drives have nearly the same endurance and are much smaller drives.
  11. D

32c/64t Epyc 7551P $376

Watch out on that board, once updated to newest firmware they don't play nice with naples / 7001 cpus.
  12. D

I guess...this is a "great deal". Only $5M. Any takers? :)

It looks like the 300k one is lacking all the juicy stuff (ram/cpus)
  13. D

Xeon E-2176G w/ two different Supermicro boards

Are you sure about that? just because they don't list 9th gen on the site doesn't mean it won't work, for example the difference from Xeon E 21xx and 22xx is very minor, a typical Intel stunt of bumping clock per model number but no major gut's changes. T_Minus, I will double check ECC...
  14. D

to be honest if this is a home server based on the ITX board I would just use the i3-9100f as they are nice and cheap right now and have a good per core speed.
  15. D

Considering the feedback and 20+ year ebay account I would think there is little to worry about (but I a guess I am biased as its my acution :) ), as far as why? Well we bought 50ish of those as they were the only options for Xeon E's in the early days, we later moved on to ASrock boards and...
  16. D

32GB PC3-14900 DDR3 LRDIMM 4x @ $150 of better

Man the talk of ram drives made me think back to this old setup, Been sitting in a parts pile for atleast 5 years, blew my mind that the battery had a charge when I plugged it in. Pitty this tech didn't advance more, imagine this as NVMe / pci-e connected. Basically has a CF drive and...
  17. D

128GB Intel Optane Memory sold as DDR4 ECC

No, that board is like all the consumer / desktop boards that use the M.2 Optane's as cache for spinning disks / other storage cache. What is talked about above is a new setup that uses optane DIMM's as memory, so 2+TB of memory is possible (not quite as fast as real ddr4 but is kind of neat).
  18. D

FS: Asus X99-WS w/ IPMI nice workstation 2011-3 boards

I don't think these fully utilize ECC, I will see if I can test this. These have dual onboard Intel NIC's I will get a better count of these next week, they will be listed on ebay as well with the water block setups. Thanks,
  19. D

FS: Asus X99-WS w/ IPMI nice workstation 2011-3 boards

Hey there, I have some Asus X99-WS IPMI boards that we are pulling out of production. The ebay link is below, there is some room for BO's for you guys :) At peak we were contributing close to 1MH to the Servethehome Aeon pool and some of these were used for it. Bios updated to newest...
  20. D

More profitable use of GPU mining rigs

I wonder If they end up getting big if Nvidia will attempt to shut them down. Remember Nvidia recently did a dick move that pretty much banned consumer cards from anything more than gaming and crypto.