Search results

1. S

[W] [CA-ON] 2x AMD EPYC 7002/7003 48 or 64 core CPU + everything else around it

Wow, I'm shockingly well equipped to help. I run an HPC business in Ontario and was looking to start swapping out our ROME systems for EPYC 9000. I have 2x64 and 2x32 core variants and can kit them out as you described. YGPM
  2. S

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Well I have a pair of "Genoa 96 core monsters" and was coming here to check if this worked on them. No reports yet?
  3. S

EPYC 7742 ES (100-00000053-04) and Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 3.0 compatibility troubles

yeah, S8253 it doesn't boot noticibly faster, but the screen is on telling you what it is doing with a few seconds, whereas first boot with SMC H12 board takes many minutes to post a picture to screen.
  4. S

EPYC 7742 ES (100-00000053-04) and Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 3.0 compatibility troubles

Gotta love that 5 minutes of hoping it works when I click the power for the first time on an EPYC 7000 system. BTW, The tyan board posts in like 5 seconds instead of 5 minutes. it still takes forever to initialize on first post, but at least the display lights up and tells you what it is doing...
  5. S

Epyc Genoa motherboards - where to find them in Germany/EU

That is also correct by my understanding. The pcie 5 signal distance is rather poor and requires repeaters everywhere etc to work on pcie slots, so the difference between lm0 and lm1 is probably this peripheral infrastructure (the repeaters) and there is no impact on the cpu interconnect.
  6. S

My personal SP3 systems are mostly watercooled, and I would certainly do the same with SP5, but I also need air cooled workstation-like solutions.
  7. S

P.S. I would love to know any cooler options that might be quieter than Dynatron J12 3U. Something like Supermicro 4U or Noctua or something that could make for reasonable workstation usage with 280W (or more) processors...
  8. S

Similar story on buying in north America. MZ73-LM1 is much cheaper but months away for lead time. I would rather it as I don't need PCIe 5, but I ordered some LM0 to get started with.
  9. S

Ram for 7003 Epyc

These work FYI: M393AAG40M32-CAE 128GB RDIMM 3200 4Rx4 (3DS 2H 8G x 4) x 36 Both supermicro and gigabyte boards. Not relevant to "cheap ram discussion", but just in terms of broad compatibility and ranks.
  10. S

smallest e-atx case with at least one 5.25" drive bay

Also EATX is ambiguous. do you want full 12x13? SSI-EEB SSI-CEB
  11. S

smallest e-atx case with at least one 5.25" drive bay

I don't know about smallest, but I'll throw this in for your consideration as a compact and well ventilated choice. https://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-RM42-502-rackmount-Compatibility-RM42-502-x/dp/B09227RQV2
  12. S

Supermicro H11DSi-NT and EPYC 7V12 compatibility

yeah basically VRM is the limit on H11DSI & H12DSI.
  13. S

H12SSL-i IPMI Hangs

oh I should try that. I always fired up edge and figured it was a firefox / chrome issue? yeah all ast2600 boards from supermicro do this for me.
  14. S

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

I have lots of hours of high duty cycle run time at ~3.4-3.5 GHz on a 32 core QS (-04) Actually It's now my smallest machine and I'm debating liquidating it, I should have bought a pair but I tiptoed in.
  15. S

Canada Kijiji - Toronto - 1000 CAD - SuperMicro X11DPG-QT mobo with 2x Xeon Silver & 512GB DDR4 (5+ available)

No, I contacted the seller, made them verify some things. The RAM and SSDs were stripped and he was unaware. Its just CPUs, boards, a mix of 4u and 2u coolers, and some used power supplies. I'm still speaking with him as I still have some interest, but I mostly wanted the RAM. He updated his ad...
  16. S

Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 rev. 4.0

Mirrormax that was going to be the next attempt, uefi update, but the only CPUs I had to do it with were in production use actively working, and water cooled. The headache of taking it apart etc... I have a bunch of other's that wouldnt work a single -04 Rome QS that wont boot unless you have...
  17. S

WTB: Supermicro H11SSL-i or similar

I have a 16 core Gen 1 I'd like got for $100 with free shipping. I also have 8x8 GB DDR4 2400 Supermicro 4U active cooler.
  18. S

Gigabyte MZ72-HB0 rev. 4.0

You can either update via "web upload" where you browse for the file on your local computer then click upload. Easiest and you would think it should work... Or you can setup a TFTP server, which is like passwordless ftp for file transfer. Then tell the BMC what the server address and update...