Search results

1. S

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

Yes, this was my experience. My company runs c6220's exclusively, all version 2 but we ended up with one version 1 by accident. It's not in production, but for testing purposes I tried putting v2 sleds in v1 chassis, and vice versa - and mix/match as well for one full chassis - and it all...
  2. S

Maybe, but not with the cable I have in there. On the opposite end of the cable, there are also two mini-SATA ports, with the same port numbers (4 and 5) printed on the motherboards. The cables are plugged in on that side (one mini-SAS and two mini-SATA). I don't know where the heck they...
  3. S

Turns out I just had to plug one of those SAS cables into the motherboard. Port highlighted in this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/0DzJdMC.png There's only one port though, and each of these cables only does 4 drives (as labeled on the cables themselves). So unless I either install a RAID card...
  4. S

Oh, I did notice on the ebay listing that I bought from, one of the pictures shows the extra SAS cable (The one going from the very right to the very left) and riser installed which is exactly what mine look like. I copied the image to here (so it doesn't disappear)...
  5. S

I was planning to test my theory today but we had snow unexpectedly in Portland (very rare) so I was stuck at home since I live on a hill and don't have snow tires :) We'll be testing tomorrow though. I'll update with details later.
  6. S

I found some youtube videos posted by dell showing some servicing of various parts of this server. A few of them showed the nodes being removed from the chassis, and the long SAS cable I mentioned as well as the riser card that's in mine, neither one are shown in these videos. So I'm hoping...
  7. S

I found this article about that, looks like it's essentially like flashing the BIOS, e.g. in terms of being a PITA. It is something I will eventually try but trying to avoid for the moment as I doubt that's the issue. BTW, I did confirm I have the C6220 II in the BIOS but other than supporting...
  8. S

Shouldn't they be hooked up to the SATA AHCI channel by default though? How were you able to choose what they were hooked up to?
  9. S

Is there a jumper I need to tweak maybe? I'm at home now so the servers aren't in front of me but I was reading this article about installing an LSI RAID card (which again, mine do NOT have), and it mentions you have to set a jumper...
  10. S

Thanks for your reply but the BIOS doesn't even show the hard drives connected, it tells me all 6 SATA bays are empty. So at this stage it shouldn't be a driver issue.
  11. S

Hi everyone, I just bought 2 of the c6220 II's off eBay (24x 2.5" version). They seem absolutely perfect for my needs. However, I can't get the BIOS to see any of the drives I put in it. I've tried normal spinning drives as well as SSDs. The tray light comes on when I power on the appropriate...