Search results

1. M

ESXI 7.0.3 - NVMe (Asus Hyper) passthrough stuck on enabled/needs reboot

Is there a question? :) I would suggest trying what i wrote above - play with config, but if it worked it shouldnt be BIOS related, reinstall otherwise
  2. M

To anyone who may find this, even with ESXi8 it is stoll wonky. Adding another HBA (lsi3008) into the mix resulted in all passthrough getting broken, three reinstalls of ESXi8 later, with identical hardware/bios/software settings made it work.
  3. M

@DavidWJohnston thank you for the tip, update to esxi 8 solved the issue immediately. Thank you!
  4. M

Thanks for the tip, I was a bit worried this may be the case.. At least I will move the install from USB flashdisk to a SSD, finally (per VMware recommendation).. Will report if it works, when I am physically next to the server ;-)
  5. M

Hi, I have a Supermicro X10SRi-F, 2780v4, with the ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 PCIe 4.0 X4 with two NVMe drives (Samsung 983 + Samsung 970EVO). I have the Samsung 970EVO passed through to VM and works flawlessly. However i cannot get the Samsung 983 NVMe drive to pass through. I have set PCIE...
  6. M

[FS] [EU-DE] ****SOLD**** IBM X3850 X5 Server - 1024GB RAM - 40C / 80T - 4x Xeon E7-8870

I need to think about it a little, will try to get back to you on Monday/Tuesday. If there will be other takers, don't wait for me please.
  7. M

EU Amazon FR: WD My Book Duo 24TB €510

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07W7YBB9H?tag=synack0f0e-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1 210€ each 12TB drive, and thats not cheap for amazon.de
  8. M

[SOLVED] ESXI 6.7 one ubuntu VM not performing (slow download; packet loss)

Only one. There are three on the board (IPMI and two Gbit NICs), i am actively and always have used only one. I have another connectx3 with 2xSFP+ in there as well, but that serves only as direct connection to my workstation and is pass through to Unraid VM. One thing I remembered is that ESXI...
  9. M

[SOLVED] ESXI 6.7 one ubuntu VM not performing (slow download; packet loss)

edit: SOLVED, was a bad cable.. Hi, i tried googling to no avail. I am running multiple VMs on host on Supermicro X10SDV , Xeon 1540d, with 128GB ECC ram. I have two Ubuntu VMs beside others on this host, one general purpose (running docker, plex and other services - this is the affected VM)...
  10. M

EU Western Digital 10 TB Elements 159€

Back to 230 it seems
  11. M

EU WTB 2xSamsung, 32GB, DDR4 ECC (M393A4K40BB0-CPB)

Hi, looking to expand my server. If anyone has 1/2 sticks available, let me know. Looking for this RAM specifically: M393A4K40BB0-CPB Regards M.
  12. M

Mellanox ConnectX-2 EN and Windows 10?

I just wanted to thank you all, looking to go this way myself.