Search results

1. N

EXPIRED 1.5TB P4800X $300

My bad...i missed that detail. Seems like charging a lot extra for cards with tall brackets vs low profile ones is a trend now.
  2. N

EXPIRED 1.5TB P4800X $300

Same seller seems to have found 7 more but for $350 now.
  3. N

Where to start? $1k budget for CPU/Memory/Ram for ESXI 8 vmware host

(alternate?) Options: Swap CPU to an E3-1200 v4 CPU and you should be able to get to ESXI 7.0.3 Swap to your new hypervisor now if it supports your current hardware. Anything new (MB + CPU + RAM + Chassis) will be over $1000 (if parted)
  4. N

128Gb RAM in PowerEdge T140 possible?

Thank you for posting these updates ... I had not followed. My T140 is still on 2.12.2, but I plan to dust it off and upgrade firmware/BIOS. You may want to update the Dell community threads too :)
  5. N

Supermicro X10SRM-F and M.2 SSD

Questions only ...no answers unfortunately: If things worked fine with JP3 disabled ... why did you not end up leaving it in that position? "Reconnected all SATA drives" - does this include SATA0?? Pick NVMe slot or SATA0, not both. If possible, try a PCIe to NVMe slot adapter in slot #4 -...
  6. N

2-4 SATA 2.5" SSD in PCIE SLOT?

Sedna - PCI Express Quad 2.5 Inch SATA SSD Controller Card
  7. N

Dell R720 iDrac : Express vs Enterprise

Back-Panel Features and Indicators—PowerEdge R720 iDRAC Basic/Express won't give you remote console. You can try a trail license: Download iDRAC & CMC trial licenses Not sure of the other questions. At the end of the day, RACADM commands or IPMItool should work if it comes down to it.
  8. N

Dell EMC PowerEdge T150, T350, R250, and R350 Intel Xeon E-2300 Servers Launched

Tech Spec sheet doesn't mention it ..but in the Tech Guide.... Dell EMC PowerEdge T150 Technical Guide
  9. N

5019D-FN8TP-X11SDV-4C-TP8F New in Box $500

More.... More turbo. More 10Gb NICs. More PCIe slot. (ok... only 1 more, but still .... "more") More Memory Channels (4) @ higher rate (2400Mhz). More newer. If only I had more money !! <sigh>
  10. N

Supermicro X11SSH-CTF memory issues

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-DDR4-2400-Server-Memory-M391A2K43BB1-CRC/dp/B07GCWR9K8 An option: It's on the SuperMicro list of tested modules and it's 2400MHz
  11. N

You are welcome. I used (4x): DDR4 VLP ECC UDIMM 32GB 2Rx8 2666 CL19 | MTA18ADF4G72AZ-2G6B2 | Crucial.com
  12. N

PowerEdge T140 w/ 128GB RAM (4x32GB ECC UDIMM)
  13. N

An alternate 32GB ECC-UDIMM: DDR4 VLP ECC UDIMM 32GB 2Rx8 2666 CL19 | MTA18ADF4G72AZ-2G6B2 | Crucial.com
  14. N

Vmug membership group buy

$510 / 3 year (subscription) = $170 If you know you will need or want a three year membership, it's an option.
  15. N

"Shucked" drives with hardware RAID?

I am not up to speed on this .... back in the days of using hardware RAID with consumer drives, as long as you could set error recovery values, it was deemed "safe". Again ... i am going back in time to when TB drives didn''t exist (or were not mainstream anyways). SmartMonTools??? (SmartCTL)...
  16. N

Make use of rear USB Port instead of onboard motherboard port for ESXi?

You should be able to have multiple USB drives installed and select the one you wish to boot from. Yes...should be selectable in BIOS. To make identification easier .. maybe use a different brand drive in the external USB port.
  17. N

Increase the days an account becomes inactive in Active Directory

Wow ... my bad .... not only did I misread that ..... the link i provided was not for user accounts. You can use the Group Policy management console to view the settings (assuming unchanged). I don't have a live DC at the moment ... but it looks like 42 days for Max Password Age is default...
  18. N

Increase the days an account becomes inactive in Active Directory

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/security-policy-settings/domain-member-maximum-machine-account-password-age EDIT: ignore this reply for user password policy ... but for devices... might help :oops:
  19. N

SAMBA share via hostname not working in Windows 10

Might be the "-" in the name of "3-CPO" without a trailing "." it may be seen as just a NETBIOS name. At one point (old school DNS naming) .. i don't think you could start a host name with a number. Not so today IIRC