Search results

1. D

Z9100 or S5148?

Brilliant. That's a superb reason right there. Z9100 it is. I'm surprised...i though the Z9100 was much older.
  2. D

Z9100 or S5148?

I got a great deal on a Dell S5248 with a perpetual OS10 license. I'd like to try VTL with more switches. Looks like the best deals out there now that have 100G ports are the Z9100 and S5148, which are pretty close in price. Any thoughts on which one to buy, and why?
  3. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Boo. Yeah, LACP it is.
  4. D

Are the breakouts on a 6610 1/2/2-1/2/5 able to be configured back to a single 40G link? I'd prefer that over an LACP connection.
  5. D

2 node ESXi HC cluster 25GbE switch recommendation?

We're upgrading our 2 node Stormagic ESXi HC cluster, currently running dual stacked ICX6610's for 10GbE core switching, 12x10GbE ports total. We're upgrading to 25GbE. So we need 6x25GbE ports per switch, Layer 3 switching for 3 VLAN's. So the 25GbE are iscsi, and then 10GbE downlinks to...
  6. D

Reliable 10TB SAS ebay vendor?

Since the last 20 drives I bought came from the seller that everyone has now had issues with. Does anyone have a current recommendation?
  7. D

EU [FS] HP MIcroserver Gen8 - 16GB ECC RAM Xeon E3-1265L Quad Core

One of my favorite servers ever produced. We still use them for small Veeam immutable storage nodes, SAS card with multi-TB SAS drives.
  8. D

NVME M.2 recommendation

Trying out the new Highpoint SSD6200 with some NVME as a datastore for production ESXi servers. Gives me redundant NVME, which is superb. However, I'm not going to be able to monitor the health of the individual devices, so I want higher DWPD, and distinct manufacturers of M.2 NVME. Any...
  9. D

25G/40G Switch recommendation 2022?

Time to move up from 10G. ICX6610 core switches now, would like to move up to something faster. Should have at least 12 of the faster ports, and I'd prefer them to be stackable, although that's not a deal killer. What are you folks seeing out there? I suspect 40G is going to be cheaper, which...
  10. D

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

Has anyone tried reformatting these to 512?
  11. D

M.2 RAID1 Card recommendation

Can anyone recommend an M.2 PCIE card with RAID1? I'll be running these under ESXi.
  12. D

eBay advice: Selling a Dell R930 4x E7-4850 v3 + 4x 1100w [no RAM no HDDs]

As a business buyer, and someone who puts aftermarket servers in all the time as DR or replica servers, the target market for that server is VERY small. Most of my mid size businesses who would be interested in used servers because of budgets wouldn't need a server that CPU powerful...
  13. D

Anyone getting back in lately?

Never left. Rigs been mining since 2017.
  14. D

Leaving Ubiquiti finally. Had enough. Anyone use either the Meraki Go or Aruba Instant On competitors?

We use these for access level switches and AP's. I love the single pane of glass for those. Does anyone regularly use the similarly priced Meraki and Aruba offerings?
  15. D

Two PCIe SSDs (3.2TB & 1.6TB)

Anyone have a link to the 3.2s?
  16. D

Asked ruckus. They said no.
  17. D

Can you run both an I and an E power supply at the same time? I'd like to switch from I to E, not sure if the switch will allow that for 30 seconds while I swap them. @fohdeesha Do you know?
  18. D

Need help with VMWare licensing

How many VM's? We've found that the ROBO license works well for low count VM clusters.
  19. D

Equallogic Type 10 Firmware

Anyone have the Equallogic Type 10 new firmware? I just upgraded from Type 4 to 10 to get 10Gbit, but the controllers came with ancient firmware.
  20. D

NewEgg Open Box Sale - Lots of Server Gear

Holy cow was this a good link. I got a TON of Sonicwall gear for insane prices that wasn't actually Open Box, and a heap of fairly large APC's. Insane pricing.