Search results

1. I

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Ah, this was only temporary. Doesn't appear that Proxmox can easily install over a serial console alone, so I went this route rather than deal with installing on another machine and swapping the disk over. Now that it's installed, I'm back to using the serial console alone, since—absent decent...
  2. I

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

I ended up swapping the fans out on my second box for these Evercool EC4020SH12BP fans, which are so far a nice balance between the noisy stock fans and quiet-but-weak Noctua fans. I added 16GB RAM and two 100GB Intel S3700 SSDs to mine. I installed Proxmox by attaching a GPU with a riser...
  3. I

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Anyone have any thoughts on how to change the fan speed? I see in several reports that folks have observed the fan speeds reducing once pfSense loads, but on my system, the fans spin at the same (rather high) speed regardless of what state the system is in. It's rather loud, as a result.
  4. I

Riverbed CX-770 $30BO

Grabbed two for BO of $35; looks like I got in before the STH effect. Looking forward to getting pfSense running on these.
  5. I

Job lot(s) of 10x 1U 40GbE Hyve servers Tyan boards for V3/V4 Xeon $2,250

Damn. Wish I could buy just one.
  6. I

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

Received mine today from this auction and it did indeed include HDD mounting brackets. Would someone send me the firmware ISO if they have it? Would greatly appreciate it.
  7. I

Yeah, this one: NEW HP ProLiant EC200a Mini Server w/ Intel Xeon D1518 2.2GHz DDR4 No Ram or HDD I'm not really expecting the brackets, but it'd be a nice bonus if they were included.
  8. I

Picked one up from an eBay seller that claimed it included the HD mounting brackets. Should arrive next week; will report back if it did indeed include the brackets. Very tempting to buy multiple units; my plan with this one is to slap some drives in it, install Proxmox, and ship it off to my...
  9. I

A little hard to find, it's the "communication board", P/N 858010-001. Looks like there are a few on eBay for about $20. Best as I can tell, it adds 4 more ethernet ports.
  10. I

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

I think this might just be a sign that I should rip the E5-2697v2s out of this box and build a quieter Supermicro-backed desktop system. Thanks!
  11. I

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Looking for a gut check before I go down the road of flashing my cards from eBay. I'd love to make them appear to my DL380p Gen8 as HP-branded cards so that the server can slow down its fans. Can I do this by mucking about with the .fff flash file and reflashing the card? I've got the latest...
  12. I

FS: [Pre-] Spring 2019 cleaning sale - 16 * 3.5 hot-swap server chassis

How close is your office to the PATH? I'm interested and in Manhattan, but without a vehicle.
  13. I

(GONE) New Intel 545s 256GB SATA SSD - $34.99

Intel 545s 2.5" 256GB SATA III 64-Layer 3D NAND TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDSC2KW256G8X1 – NeweggFlash.com Seems like a pretty good option for cheap boot drives.
  14. I

1.6TB Intel P3605 NVME 250 USD

Genuinely curious: what difference does it make? Compatibility? Firmware?
  15. I

SuperMicro X9DRD-7LN4F

Anyone actually get a shipping notification for this? I'm tempted, but alarm bells are going off.
  16. I

$171 FS: New Dell PowerEdge T20 Tower Server Xeon E3-1225 v3

Yikes. If you click through to the listing, it's now for a yellow toner cartridge. Looks like maybe this one won't pan out.
  17. I

$171 FS: New Dell PowerEdge T20 Tower Server Xeon E3-1225 v3

Great deal. Torn between this and an R210 II with an E3-1240v2 for about the same price.
  18. I

SAMSUNG PM853T 960GB - $159.99

My two disks arrived with very low power on hours and bytes written. Humming along in a ZFS mirror. Well-packed, perhaps too well. Hoping more deals pop up soon; definitely wishing I bought a few more.
  19. I

SAMSUNG PM853T 960GB - $159.99

Thanks. In for 2.
  20. I

800GB Dell-Samsung NVMe $300 like whoa

Too good to be true? Kinda worried about the low seller feedback.