Search results

1. M

Need some shucking instructions Seagate Backup Plus 5TB 2.5 portable

Can you comment on the performance of these drives, and what your general impression is on them compared to the 4tb's I'm thinking of picking up half a dozen of them as well and doing the same thing. Thanks
  2. M

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Drive - Cheap 2.5" 4TB drives

any more on the ST5000LM000 drives? thinking of grabbing 4 for a "small" RZ2 array.
  3. M

HP MSL2024 Tape library firmware

Correct, same chassis used by many vendors, quantum overland, dell, ibm etc. same physical controller but a checksum to prevent others firmware from going on. the HP firmwares are MSL2024_6.20.frm for example. any and all firmwares over 4.40 will be greatly appreciated :)
  4. M

HP MSL2024 Tape library firmware

Hey! Just picked up a sweet deal on a HP Tape library. LTO4 Fiberchannel for $5 :) while LTO4 isn't bad, 20TB of backup capacity isn't the best and LTO5 drives are coming down in price the problem is with HP and firmware files, something they used to give away for free now requires a support...
  5. M

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

Has anyone tried the TrendNet TEG-30284 with various DAC cables and optics to see if they're doing any vendor locking? considering picking one up as the payback in power over my HP 2900 using CX4 is roughly a year. (25w vs 200w)
  6. M

Good for pfSense?

Install ESXi on a USB stick, use the 160GB for a datastore, create a VM for PFSense give it 1 core and 512MB of ram and there you have it :) plus you'll have enough ram for a few more VM's
  7. M

Dell SAS 6 IR Integrated -> LSI SAS3081E-R IR Firmware NVRAM issue

Hi! I was wondering if you ever found a solution to this problem, I'm attempting to do the exact same thing, and low and behold, I'm experiencing the exact same problem! :)