Search results

1. J

Recommendations for cheap socket 1366 boards? (UK)

In that case, I'd be tempted to use the SB server for another purpose and then buy something similar to a Dell PowerEdge C6100 for the OpenStack nodes. Thanks for the help.
  2. J

Recommendations for cheap socket 1366 boards? (UK)

I'm looking at the feasibility of building a small OpenStack cluster and am trying to price up some small, preferably low power, nodes to run various components (around 5 nodes total). Currently I have a dual E5-2670 server that will be cannibalised for a compute node but I'm trying to save...
  3. J

Recommendations for VM storage

That's great, thank you for the advice!
  4. J

I can't seem to find any of those drives at that price on eBay (being from the UK doesn't help). All of the ones I can see on eBay are > £100 (roughly $142 currently) even with the search set to Worldwide. Edit: Are they quite common but snapped up quickly? I'll try and keep an eye out for them...
  5. J

Hi there, Are there any guides or articles on choosing good storage for a home VM server setup? I'm currently running a md software RAID10 of 4 consumer 2.5" HDDs (7100 RPM) which are providing good-enough performance for me messing around with a few VMs but are now starting to feel a bit on...