Search results

1. P

SC846 with consumer motherboard

By thw way. I am looking for low end GPU for this SM motherboard. The only requirement is max resolution 2k (2560x1440), and Digital video output dp/hdmi/DVI. It would be great if it is pcie x1 or x4 or x8 long. That would be good besides being x16 long...
  2. P

Yes sure, initially I just swapped PSUs inside SM chassis. That means there were 24 SAS drives attached, MegaRAID controller and SAS Expander. Total power consumption about 250W in peak. I also checked that X9SCM-F with only cpu and ram takes 35W total with fully loaded Linux from pendrive. It...
  3. P

I agree that it maybe something about amount of pulled power. Looking for new motherboard for testing purposes I have found and bought Supermicro X9SCM-F https://t.allegro.pl/oferta/plyta-glowna-supermicro-x9scm-f-celeron-g465-1-9-9931703207 It has really good price. 74PLN is about $20 And it...
  4. P

Known not working boards are: Asus X99-a Asus P8B WS Asus P9D WS Biostar TB250-BTC (some post mining mb lend from Friend, doubt anyone would consider using it with SM chassis ;), just used it with my tests) Known working board: Old Pentium 4 board booted without issues. I have no more modern...
  5. P

Hi I would like to collect inside this thread list of complatible consumer boards with SM PSU/PDU. If someone successfully built such configuration please post. There are tons of topics over the internet about weird incompatibility issue between SM power supply PSU/power distributor board PDB...
  6. P

Help with SC846 chassis and not booting

Hi I think OP was doing everything fine. I have found this post because I am currently struggling with my Asus P8B WS motherboard to work in SC846 chassis. Still failing, only CPU LED is on. Tried another Biostar board, same issue. Both consumer boards work fine with consumer PSU. And vice versa...
  7. P

HELP! Supermicro 846 Chassis, New Build, Won't Boot

By PDU I meant Power Distributor Unit. This is also called PDB Power Distributor Board. That sounds very interesting what you have written. I will check it. I read about ATX Pinout. There is one interesting pin: PWR_OK or “Power Good” is an output from the power supply that indicates that its...
  8. P

I have all components out of the chassis. I just swap corsair psu with supermicro psu and pdu. In motherboard there is only ram and cpu. Of course I pay attantion not to make any short. I even check all voltages in ATX connector from pdu and EPS connector. All are fine (they had to be as...
  9. P

Hi I have PDU PDB-PT846-8824 and PSU PWS-920P-SQ. Both components are fine and boot correctly two of my supermicro baords. However when I try to boot Asus P8b and another 1151 socket gigabyte board with them I just fail. Both boards are fine. Boot correctly with Corsair psu. So why supermicro...
  10. P

Asus p8b ws won't boot with supermicro psu

This is DIAG_VGA not DIAG_CPU. Its even more misterious. I use onboard VGA.
  11. P

Asus p8b ws won't boot with supermicro psu

Hi I have strange problem. I use Asus P8B WS motherboard in Supermicro Chassis. By now I had Corsair 1000W PSU. I decided to change it to PWS-920P-SQ. But Motherboard wont boot. DIAG_CPU led is always on. Of cource I connected 8 pin cpu cable. I tested another Supermicro PSU and same result. I...
  12. P

2 SAS Expander issue

Hi I have MegaRAID LSI 9265-8i card and two SAS Expanders IBM (Lenovo) 03X3834 and 19 3TB disks. Question is how to properly connect two SAS Expanders to this MegaRAID card? If I just connect one cable from MegaRAID to first SAS Expander and second cable to second SAS Expander every time I boot...
  13. P

Replacing drive starts automatically

Hi I have MegaRAID LSI 9265-8i with few 3TB SATA drives running RAID6. And I have a strange problem. When I connect, let's say, drive A to replace drive B, replacing drive starts automatically but it replaces other random drive lets say C. Replace drive operation automatically started on PD...
  14. P

Megaraid IBM M5016 Power on, reset, or bus device reset occurred / Diagnostics failed for PD/ PD error

Hi, One of my RAID6 array disks (WD30EFRX) went offline because of "Power on, reset, or bus device reset occurred / Diagnostics failed for PD / PD Error". I checked media errors, SMART and everything looks fine. I made this disk online again imported foreign configuration, and for while...
  15. P

LSI MegaRAID 9265-8i Enclosure/Backplane problem

You mean that all 6 mSAS (6x4=24) cables need to be wired to Backplane? Not only those to the bays that are filed with physical drives?
  16. P

LSI MegaRAID 9265-8i Enclosure/Backplane problem

Hi I use MegaRAID 9265-8i with 24bay Supermicro chassis and IBM 46M0997 SAS Expander. All works smoothly however one thing drives me crazy. Why all disks have same Slot Number - 0? sudo megacli -PDList -a0 | grep -e '^Enclosure Device ID:' -e '^Slot Number:' Enclosure Device ID: 22 Slot...
  17. P

SAS2 expanders $60 (IBM, LSI chip, Intel alternative)

Hello Guys, I also owned one of this IBM SAS Expander. I replaced my HP SAS Expander and few things are not clear to me. I am curious why after replacing epxanders one of my drives went to Rebuild state. I thought expander is transparent and should not affect array. Second thing is picture...
  18. P

Poor IPoIB performance on two Mellanox MHGH28-XTC ConnectX VPI Dual-Port 20Gb/s

C:\Windows\system32>ping 192.168.255.1 Pinging 192.168.255.1 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 192.168.255.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128 Reply from 192.168.255.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128 Ping statistics for 192.168.255.1: Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 2, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate...
  19. P

Poor IPoIB performance on two Mellanox MHGH28-XTC ConnectX VPI Dual-Port 20Gb/s

Hi I set up new fileserver on Gentoo linux with Supermicro case, Xeon, 12GB ECC RAM and 21TB 9265 RAID6 (read/write ~800MB/s). Supermicro SC846 24x SATA Storage Server 9650SE-24ML SAS846A 2x PWS-1K21P-1R | eBay I figured out infiniband being best method to connect it to my workstation running...