Search results

1. R

Hyper-V 2012 and Storage Spaces

Piglover, do you think it's worth the effort to set it up with parity for journaling/caching with only 1 120Gb SSD, or is it only going to be worth it with multiple SSDs?
  2. R

when you say you have, are you referring to booting from a USB stick, or are you referencing the SSD for tiering and caching?? (or both?) I have read piglovers post, most of it is over my head. I'd only be using one SSD drive, as it is only for home use. I'm more interested in getting hyper-V...
  3. R

Has anyone done this with Hyper-V? from what I've read online, it appears this is quite a hassle to get up and running. it was 'dumb' easy with ESXi, but seems quite clumbersome and tedious just to get the thing onto the drive. If it will work, I'd love to use the SSD within the pool for...
  4. R

Article Suggestion - Surface as a Laptop

i was thinking of the same thing re: RDC into a Server 2012 VM. Perhaps to test how the RemoteFx works on it??!! testing how to setup a VDI setup with it and how well it access and streams over both LAN and WAN.
  5. R

Intel Raid Card - RT3WB080

I see them on ebay, but they are all BIN with no auction. I was going to put it on ebay, but thought I'd ask here first. let me know if anyone is interested. Ryan
  6. R

Intel Raid Card - RT3WB080

For Sale: RT3WB080 card I bought a server that included this card. The server was purchased, but never put into production. The use of this card is minimal if any at all. I am going with software RAID (storage spaces), so I have decided to NOT use it. Look Here: Intel Site I am open to...
  7. R

anyone playing with this or have any ideas on best practices?
  8. R

Main Site - Please let me know if there are issues

the top of the page is not right - no banner - ie no access to forums from a link like in the past!!
  9. R

Hey all, I've decided to go with Server 2012 standard with Hyper-V instead of ESXI. I want to try to play with RemoteFx, so I don't believe I can do that with ESXI as the hypervisor. (correct me if I'm wrong, tho) So I installed Server 2012 with Hyper-V role and no other roles other than file...
  10. R

FS: 4 4GB crucial ECC sticks PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)

Sorry, didn't see that in the title - read too fast, i guess. I'm going to pass - I just picked up some 8gb sticks online, decided i want the flexibility to add more if needed. Thanks
  11. R

Insane Setup Requirements for Hyper-V Server 2012

The biggest problem I see with the permissions and AD - all in one box. If this is an all in one box that means it is the first to be installed - ie no Domain yet. seems short sighted. MS must understand that small businesses are going to want to use Hyper-V to control hardware costs, right?!
  12. R

FS: 4 4GB crucial ECC sticks PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)

Interested - what brand, and how old?
  13. R

OI-Nappit help

I am creating an All-In-One nappit file server with my ESXI 5 server. I am either going to add additional local storage for my other VMs (i have a 60gb ssd on one of my SATA3 ports, but have 4 other SATA2 ports to use, so why not?!) or store them on the ZFS store, not sure yet. I am having a...
  14. R

IBM M1015 Experiences

Thanks, I'll try some stuff. Do I test from an OS that is installed on the raid drive, or on a different drive?
  15. R

IBM M1015 Experiences

mobile, I have a question regarding running RAID in ESXI. I got the raid to show up in ESXI, like I mentioned in the other post (FINALLY), but my RAID10 of 4x1.5TB 7200SATA drives seems slow. It's been taking a LONG time to install OS's on my VMs, and I want to rule out the array. It shouldn't...
  16. R

No persistent storage

Mobile, I'm not really sure what you said there........ but good news! I got it working as I want it!!!!! I have done a LOT of searching on google, but to no avail. I finally decided to give up and go with Hyper-V (I just didn't like having to use a HDD for that when ESXI takes only a 2gb thumb...
  17. R

No persistent storage

Ok, been busy the last few days. I re-flashed the card to IR mode again, booted up, deleted the volume that was created in the LSI bios, and recreated the volume. It then automatically started initializing the volume, which for my 2 1.5TB spinners, it took a little over 24hrs. one that was done...
  18. R

No persistent storage

I can try to reflash the card too. shoot, I have to find a board that I can flash them on. My server board wont flash them, and I just sold the board I used last time...... hopefully that wors. kinda weird tho, that it worked for you after a new flash, but then didn't after you deleted files...
  19. R

No persistent storage

Let me know - I'd hate to loose all those ports if that is the case. MAN - i just want me some RAID for my datastore!!!!
  20. R

No persistent storage

Mobilenvidia, your time, patience and help are immensely thanked. I set it for passthrough, but that didn't do what I am looking to accomplish. It is set to passthrough fine, so i know ESXI sees the card, just not what's attached to it/set up on it. I don't want to pass the RAID-1 to a VM...