Search results

1. M

OpenIndiana runs very slowly with M1015 cards installed

Now that I've had a week of testing under my belt I think I can ask this question with a straight face: is there anything that can be done to fix the abysmal speed of just running OI on a system with IBM M1015 HBA cards installed? Since putting them (a total of 3) into my new system, the OS...
  2. M

What's the "right" configuration with RAID-Z?

It feels like I am getting closer to the end of my build process for a new NAS running ZFS, so I am asking for a little bit of help to get it all wrapped up. This question is specifically about which drive + RAIDZ configuration I should aim for with this box. Originally I thought that I...
  3. M

SMB reads are slow on OpenIndiana + NAPP-IT

Hello all, I am finishing up my build of a brand new NAS box and I am doing the first round of testing on it. So far I've found one sticky issue that seems to be pestering me: reads from the NAS to my Win7 boxes are half the speed of writes to the same share directory. Here's some...
  4. M

Storage server build suggestions?

Hello server experts! I am looking for advice to build a long-term, stable, sustainable storage server for my home. My years of individual, retired PC part built servers must come to an end and I am looking for some assistance to build the right solution for my needs. Currently I have a...