Search results

1. N

DX010 100gb switch $315 or BO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/226010562242?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=4bPONY06SIW&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=8QuAZZGFSDW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY Not sure if this is a great buy.
  2. N

[WTB][US-CA] SAS3008 (or newer) 8/16e LSI IT mode capable HBA

Before I give ebay more of my money I thought I would ask here. I prefer a single -16e but open to two -8e. Needs to be LSI and able to flash into IT Mode. Thank you
  3. N

[USA-FL][FS] New/Open Box Dell Server Gear

I'm not going to price check all your stuff but an open box NSA 2600 is around $200 and used ones under $100.
  4. N

US - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

I do travel down that way on occasion, I was going to pick up a server down by San Jose this weekend but they accidentally shipped it to me for free. I'll check to see if I have any reason to head down there. PM me your location and maybe I can meet halfway, the wife is on me to make room.
  5. N

Clearing up some items I just found in my storage (had no idea i still had these): R2208GZ4GC 2U barebones server (Gone) HP DL380P G8 (Gone) Unifi US-24 Switch. (Gone) HP 2810-48G and -24G switches. (Gone) Cisco Meraki MS120-8LP. I may need to remove this from my account I forget how...
  6. N

hello did anyone claim those CPUS? Thank you

hello did anyone claim those CPUS? Thank you
  7. N

Two older HP procurves 2810-24 and -48 port (J9022A and J9022A). Work fine office environment. Also have 3 Dell 7010 SFF barebones PC in OK condition (they worked fine when I last tested them). These were used with ESXi. I may or may not have the CPU for (some) of these but I haven't found...
  8. N

Supermicro (5037MR-H8TRF) 3U 8-node microcloud servers - $950

Just saw this post in LowEndTalk here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/184309/hardware-sale-supermicro-8-node-microcloud-servers Haven't been pricing these so not sure how big of a deal it is (if at all), but I thought I would post it just in case. 1x 3U SuperServer 5037MR-H8TRF (8 NODES) 16x...
  9. N

Advice on NAS build

I've seen some differences in performance/quality in the earlier versions and I generally recommend 8th gen and above but anything 6th gen and up should be fine.
  10. N

Advice on NAS build

That is what I ended up doing. Cheap slim HP with a G5900. I would recommend 8th gen or later (the 5900 is 10th gen). I have yet to be able to max out the max 1080p transcodes.
  11. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I don't mind going to the CLI when I need to but junos just feels like unneeded pain. I'm by far not an expert but I've always managed to get a switch up and running pretty quickly, the EX3300? not so much.
  12. N

That's great as long as it's not a PITA like JunOS. I don't have time for that.
  13. N

I’m thinking of getting a 6450 since I really don’t like junos on the 3300ex I just picked up. I’m not doing anything too fancy on it (some L3 routing and VLANs) but I prefer a workable UI. What’s the brocades like?
  14. N

Juniper EX3300 firmware

This was taken care of by a very generous person via PM.
  15. N

Juniper EX3300 firmware

Don't want to necro any old threads but I have an EX3300 that is stuck rebooting. Seems to boot most the the way then gets to the fast listing "Unknown file type I=XXXX" which goes on for a while until it just reboots. I can get this booted to the loader prompt so I was hoping to reflash the...
  16. N

Looking for a small/compact/home 10GbE L3 switch

It's this hard b/c you have some very specific requirements that often do not go hand in hand. I think you need to be realistic about what you are going to find in your budget. Do you really need full L3? Even if it's not rack mounted can you do a full size switch? Do you need six 10Gbe...
  17. N

5019D-FN8TP-X11SDV-4C-TP8F New in Box $500

I had one of those running pfsense some years ago, but just too loud and power-hungry for what it was (I was running it on E3-1220L).
  18. N

Anyone know if BSD Networks' switches are any good?

Never heard of BSD networks myself and I've used Juniper on occasion. Just for my own curiosity can I ask how/why you narrowed it down to those two?
  19. N

[US - FS] [Sacramento Local Pickup] HP 2920-48G switches (6) with four stacking modules

I have some of the stacking cables I will have to look for them but I doubt I have all of them.