Search results

1. A

Installing 2.5" drives in a Supermicro 846 4U chassis

Guys, I bought three of these, and they were too wide for the SM 846-R900B. I had to return them. Does anyone know what I should try?
  2. A

Will a SAS JBOD backplane for the SM 846 work with sas3 12gbps?

I'm just curious. Will the BPN-SAS-846TQ backplane work with SAS3 12gbps? I say this because this board has chips of its own on it. I'm worried if it will limit the link speed to 6 or 3gbps. Maybe these chips are for SGPIO or something.
  3. A

Bought myself a brand new v3 server.. now it won't boot

Turns out I had a standoff grounding out the memory banks on my board. I RMAed it only to find out the new one did it. I saw someone mention this as a solution to their problem in a very remote thread. In a last ditch effort, I scanned my setup and noticed there was one standoff out of place...
  4. A

1u 2011-3 narrow cooler options

On another note, anyone have any good links to sweet deals on 2Us? Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  5. A

I wasn't expecting it to be that quite, but it seems active heatsinks can move the heat a bit better, requiring less work on the fans. The quanta chassis is a standard 1U, nothng fancy. The motherboard is a Supermicro X10DRI with the narrow/rectangular mounting pattern. My only other option is...
  6. A

Has to fit a 1U Quanta chassis
  7. A

WTB: SAS2 or SAS3 Supermicro 846 24 port backplane

My old thread disappeared, so here we go. WTB a Supermicro SAS2 or SAS3 backplane for a Supermicro 846 24 bay 4u server.
  8. A

I'm having trouble sourcing a 1U cooler for an x10 board which fits. It has to be narrow (I believe). I ordered a Dynatron 2011 cooler that said it fits narrow ILMs, but it was obivously square. It was much larger than the rectangle mounting pattern my board has. I need it to fit a 1U chassis...
  9. A

The Best 3.5" to 2.5" adapter that I've seen from Supermicro

Nice. Looks like they're just upside down. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  10. A

Host keeps crawling to a halt

Where would I look exactly? I can. Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  11. A

Host keeps crawling to a halt

I don't know which subforum is the most appropriate, so I'll just leave this here. I just built a white box dual 2666v3 Xeon using a SM X10DRI, LSI 9207-8i. 4x 16GB DDR4 ecc 2133 Samsung 2Rx4, 12x 2TB Hitachi SAS, 2x ZeusRAM 100GB ZIL, a Mellanox Connectx-2, and a SM SC846 chassis. I...
  12. A

Would these fit a SM SC846 4U chassis? Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  13. A

Configuring the Ubiquiti 10G Beta switch

I got it working, but it's super buggy. I can't set the switch to grab an IP on my mgmt vlan. I am not a fan of this interface whatsoever. Above all, this switch is lacking fundamental features. I know it's beta, but I didn't think ubiquiti would have watered down their feature set akin to a...
  14. A

Configuring the Ubiquiti 10G Beta switch

Beta - UniFi Switch 16 XG - Ubiquiti Networks Store I sprung for the Beta Ubiquiti 10G AGG switch. I plugged it into my existing Cisco 2690G, and the keep alive packets are throwing it into an errdisable state. Out of fear of a switching loop, I canned that idea and went with a direct laptop...
  15. A

Why do these adapters all look upside down? My SSD plugs in to the far right, not upside down and to the left
  16. A

Xeon V4 ES/QS stepping range/part number

Does this apply to Haswell v3s
  17. A

Installing 2.5" drives in a Supermicro 846 4U chassis

Does anyone know of a good method to perform the above? I lined my SSDs up with the trays, and a regular bracket wouldn't do. Regular being one which centered the SSD within the 3.5" tray. It would work, but it would have to be all the way to one side.
  18. A

Broadcast Domains.... how big is TOO big?

It is running iscsi and it isn't routed Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  19. A

WTB - Supermiro BPN-SAS2-846 and BPN-SAS2-846

Still looking. The price to beat is $150 Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
  20. A

Broadcast Domains.... how big is TOO big?

I've been weighing this concept in my head. My clans are mgmt, dmz, lan, wifi, and san. San in routed to prevent lagging down my Ubiquiti ER-X. The SAN has a direct port to all of the vlans requiring it, so my router doesn't have to switch that traffic. Other than that, I have my mgmt vlan...