Search results

1. M

Supermicro C2558 Lan Bypass Motherboard.

Did anybody ever take a shot on one of these? Looks like the price has been lowered and there's hope the AVR54 bug has been addressed looking at the sticker on the PCIe slot. Feb 2017 sticker from auction photo I'm tempted to order a couple to replace non-IPMI embedded boards I've been...
  2. M

Supermicro IPMI restarting with server?

Is IPMI using the dedicated or shared interface? I've seen this behavior when using the shared.
  3. M

ICX7150 for repair?

There's a 4A fuse next to the AC input header, though I didn't drill a whole lot deeper. I tossed them back in a box after I got one switch working...just moved and I don't have everything unpacked yet. Will take another look after I get my bench set up.
  4. M

ICX7150 for repair?

I am 1 for 2 successfully repaired, though the failed repair was my fault. I couldn't read the silk screen on the old PSU and wasn't getting any output voltage on one of the new SL PSUs. Plugged it in without reversing the DC output and got a lot of sparks. Switch looks to be toast for now...
  5. M

Lukewarm - Micron 5100 Eco 3.84TB $399.75 @ Mac Sales

There are a few listings on the 'Bay, this one is close with qty. 12+: Micron 5200 5210 ION 3.84 TB Solid State Drive - SATA [SATA/600] - 2.5" Drive - 649528787941 | eBay There are some other options in the ball park if you mix 4 drives of a different make/model. Check your PM in a few as well.
  6. M

Supermicro X10SDV-16C-TLN4F+ - $500

The IPMI address on mine was 10.128.52.212/22 and the Supermicro default credentials worked. No VLAN tagged, but the IPMI interface was set to Shared/Failover I believe. The IO shield had a "POD16 perf" label on it.
  7. M

Wild...I can't remember what my IPMI was configured to, but it was static and I reconfigured my workstation with an IP in the same network initially. I can double check in the AM, you'll likely need to ping sweep the entire range if it is configured like mine was. What are you using for memory?
  8. M

Did you give it a shot with only the 4-pin 12v connected? Mine automatically powers on after I cleared the CMOS with the 24-pin connected. Don't know if you tried swapping between the two yet, but might be worth a shot.
  9. M

Flashed the stock Supermicro 2.0c BIOS without backing up the Microsoft custom, but got sensor data back. Currently idling ~51 degrees and we'll see where it goes after OS install.
  10. M

No luck yet. BIOS settings don't persist across reboots and it looks like a semi-custom version. The only boot option I get is PXE, so will need to set a few things up to support that tomorrow.
  11. M

That 's good info. I'm nervous about turning the main power back on until I can get sensor readings. The remote BIOS update license is applied, but I was hoping to backup the BIOS that's on there first. Hopefully the IPMI flash will restore the sensors...
  12. M

So I bought one @$250 before they were relisted. Made a copper shim 30mm x 30 mm x 0.05mm, slapped on some thermal paste, and installed a SNK-C0057A4L. Cleared the BIOS and booted it up. So far, so good with a single DIMM though not exhaustive by any stretch. The heatsink is warm to the...
  13. M

X9SRW-F as a workstation with a graphics/video card

X10SRW-F no issues with a FirePro v5900 in the top right riser slot (looking from the rear) with a Mellanox Connectx-2 in the bottom slot. Used it for gaming until I bought one of those DFI boxes...
  14. M

Micron 5100 3.84TB SSD for US$200

All eight of mine showed up with 0 writes and single or low double digit power on hours. Still can't believe it was legit. SSD prices have been dropping but haven't seen 4TB at $200 since...
  15. M

Why is this 1U Chassis so quiet ?

What's the fan part number in that thing?
  16. M

Older SM Bios -- ANyone have it?

Weird, wonder if the BIOS update via IPMI is checking before it updates... Any difference if you slap the model number in there? I used IPMIView to update this in the past but didn't have any issues with board mismatches. I'd give it a whirl on one of mine but I'm holding a crying daughter
  17. M

Alternatively, you can try to hit wayback to get the file ids for the older stuff. Super Micro Computer, Inc. | Support
  18. M

What's the board part number FRU reported in the FRU Reading in the IPMI console?
  19. M

Or this one (X9DR73_910.zip): https://www.supermicro.com/about/policies/disclaimer.cfm?SoftwareItemID=2408
  20. M

Try this one: End User License Agreement Should be for 3.2 which I think is one step older. Was going to upload here, but exceeded file size. Let me know if the link doesn't work. Out of curiosity, are you updating the BIOS from the IPMI web console?