Search results

1. R

Workstation build log: classic with a touch of RGB

Superposition 1080p extreme benchmark 1670mhz gpu 1100mhz hbm2 1950x 4ghz 1.35v prime test 1 hour
  2. R

watercool gpu block has arrived, time to submerge this baby case fans and fan bracket have arrived too Silverstone FHP-141 v2 38mm thick! push fans for 420 montsa rad (this is the best 140mm fan of all time :D) NB eloop B14-PS 29mm thick! pull fans for 420 monsta rad additional 280 rad as...
  3. R

almost there, only a few items left to do
  4. R

this is why i really like all the quick disconnects for the tubing and the rad. it is now so easy for me to disconnect them and do something inside the case without having to drain and refill the water cooling system. it's just so easy now and so worth it removed some of the front foam from...
  5. R

was very fortunate to get a vega fe new for $500, got this locally. this was new but no box as it was oem. i was waiting for some good deals at ebay everyday since i got the cpu + mobo but the prices are still a little too high for me and here she is installed and ready to rock :)
  6. R

as promised this build will be have a little RGB on it, so here they are Corsair LL120 3 pack and a LL140 (need one more, still on the way) lighting node pro and stuff
  7. R

so unfortunately, i have built everything so far and it looks okay but i was not so happy with it. the hot swap drive bay was a little noisy even at low fan speed so that's a no. and the lian li case, it's a little too old for me and a bit disappointing. i want something better at cable...
  8. R

looking to use these for easy hard drive swaps build quality is good, it's all aluminum an 80mm 3000rpm high/2300rpm low fan drive caddies are aluminum accepts sata and sas new psu for threadripper, my old corsair hx850 has only 1 eps 12v to cpu so need a new one seasonic ultra...
  9. R

i will be passing-through the tubing through these holes to external radiator so i was thinking of putting a fill-port instead and then put a quick-disconnect at the rear for easy maintenance, i later realized that what i was looking for was a bulkhead fitting but too late external...
  10. R

some small refurbishments for the lian li case front panel jointer usb3 and audio io cable, the case is pretty old so only usb2 and finally some new faceplat for the 5.25 dual bay reservoir old faceplate was plastic, i think i bought this as a very early version of the reservoir...
  11. R

what i learned from my previous water cooling build was that everytime you need to remove, change, adjust something in your system that involves the major parts, you have to bring the whole system down, drain it before you can remove or add something to it, usually takes a couple of hours but...
  12. R

case parts, pass through cable, compression fittings and waterblock have arrived was thinking of getting an ek waterblock for X399 Aorus 7 that extends through the vrms but the looks didn't really appeal to me so i decided to get a heatkilller IV. i think this is one of the best looking and...
  13. R

been a little busy from building this little thing but here are some updates mobo, cpu, ram was lucky enough that most of the accessories are still in the box (io shield, wifi antenna, rgb extension...) motherboard still looks new and lightly used but apparently not so lightly used...
  14. R

Alright some updates, i have received my new case, Fractal Focus G, and transferred my old build into it so i can work on the Lian Li case. My ultimate goal is to eliminate as much cables as possible and make maintenance as easy as possible. New case here. Have already removed all water...
  15. R

Just so happen to have bought some used pc parts, motherboard and processor, and wanted to create a build log as I go along the way of upgrading it including the cooling system. Current build (since 2009) CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055t Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 GPU: Nvidia 1050ti 4gb New Build...
  16. R

Simple? Network troubleshooting

Perhaps change Host A default gateway to your router instead of your switch? Not sure why you want it that way when all are in the same network.
  17. R

[Build Log] Silent Minimalist - SMA8(a) WC'd Threadripper Build

Looks exciting. Awesome workstation and watercooling. Why not professional graphics since this is a workstation and would be helpful for a 10 bit monster monitor
  18. R

Network Lab

I am also using almost exclusively cisco but using their lower end stuff. So i am giving you my network setup as a sort of refernce point or like an example. For wired network I used a SG200 switch for my cat6 runs throught my home and a Netgear S3300x as my main one. For router, im using a...
  19. R

Home Network Design & Set-Up

Dont forget to include your voice network
  20. R

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

I was able to get an AMD W7000 to passthrough on a Windows Server 2016 VM on esxi 6.0 but I could not get the DirectDraw Acceleration and AGP Texture Acceleration to work when checking it on dxdiag. Any idea if it's possible to enable it?