Search results

1. H

Recommend windows version/type for Blueiris 5 VM

Late to the party, but my systems for BI go like this bare metal e3-1240v3 but serving as a NAS as well > HyperV 12 threads Xeon E5-2697v3 > bare metal i5-8400 6 cores. On the VM, for some reason i noticed during playback the recorded clips would be lagging. I did rebuild it and experienced...
  2. H

C612 single socket board recommendations

I had no clue Ebay Protection is 180 days, thought it was 90. I'll have to look into this, thanks! In the meantime, if i can swap out the UDIMM for RDIMM, i may switch platforms to the newer Skylake or Epyc system instead. Motherboard cost for all 3 sockets aren't even that much different from...
  3. H

The pins are oddly bent, looking like a they got tied together. I've tried bending pins back before for a 1150 socket and it was a nightmare to attempt to fix (didn't work either way). Read up on the an experience taking 2 months for Supermicro to fix the bent pins. Wanted to get this done in...
  4. H

@RageBone The Fujitsu board is interesting, didn't know they made boards anymore. Found a used X99-WS on Ebay for a good price as well, i'm thinking about it. @Evan I have 6 Kingston KVR24E17D8/16 UDIMM sticks though i only use 4 for now. If you're interested, let me know please! @Rand__...
  5. H

Thanks for pointing out the UDIMM issue as i didn't even think of that. The RAM i bought for a Xeon E3v5 not too long ago. Unfortunately, selling it to buy LRDIMM or RDIMM would set me back a decent amount though i guess i am considering doing it. The Asus X99 WS is too costly in my opinion...
  6. H

Currently running a X99 board with a E5-2698v3 and 64GB ECC non-reg RAM. My problem is i don't have enough slots to run dual NVME drives with the graphics card, RAID controller and nic card. Cards running: - GPU 16x 3.0 - RAID controller 8x 3.0 - NIC 8x 3.0 - NVME 4x 3.0 I have found 2 C612...
  7. H

IBM RackSwitch G8264 Questions

If the G8624 is anything like the G7028 i had, the unit would not boot up if you disabled more than one fan. I bought 3 different 40mm fans at different speeds and none of them would allow the unit to post either. I concluded the RPM must be at a certain load otherwise the unit would not post...
  8. H

FS - 8TB disks - GPU's - Supermicro 72Bay Chassis

Do these drives have a warranty?
  9. H

Any considerations on a multi-gigabit (1, 2.5, 5, 10) switch?

Not sure if the MikroTik ones work with the ES-16-XG but the Aquantia 2.5 G ones do. They added it in their firmware update. Multi-gigabit is for sure interesting and i can only imagine it making leeway to become a standard with internet speeds at gigabit already. Just have to wait for a...
  10. H

They do exist :) AQS-107 SFP+ Module - Aquantia Corp Someone has tested it on the ES-16-XG Ubiquiti Networks Community
  11. H

I think im going to go with the Ubiquiti US-16-XG. I read you can use multi-gigabit copper to sfp+ modules in there. Technically i only need one multi-gigabit port for any future router but i wanted 3 additional multi-gigabit ports for PCs around the house. In the meantime, i can just buy the...
  12. H

Hah im looking for something closer to the $500 range. Doesn't seem as a possibility so i have to up the budget to under $1000 Here are the switches i found: Netgear XS512EM (what I'll probably buy $850) Qnap QSW-1208-8C (unmanaged so probably pass) TRENDnet TEG-30102WS (out of budget) The...
  13. H

Recent G7028 switch died in a lightning storm and I've been looking to replace it. Was looking at the Ubiquiti US-16-XG and the HP Officeconnect 1850 6XGT 2XGT/SFP+ as viable replacements (if you have suggestions between the 2 ill take them as well but the HP has more 10Gbe copper ports which...
  14. H

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

How do you like the XS708T? Compared to the Ubiquiti? Also, tried finding CPU HW specs for the US-16-XG. Any info on that data?
  15. H

So their 10G copper has had all their issues fixed? Is there a link for compatible cards? Dumb question, but that does require a HW device? Such as the Cloud Key? The thing that throws me off about Ubiquiti is their warranty of a year. The HP switch (HP Procurve 1410-16G ) i just swapped out...
  16. H

Thanks for the replies guys. I've done more digging with the Ubiquiti switches and they seem to have stability issues? Plus the review servethehome did on the ES model has me skeptical about build. Besides the management options for the ES vs US-16-XG, does the US-16-XG support web gui...
  17. H

Is there a switch that has 4 ports RJ45 10GBe with 4 ports SFP+ as well? Doesn't have to be silent, but quiet would be a plus. So far i see the following: Qnap: QSW-1208-8C Ubiquiti: us-16-xg MikroTik: CRS312-4C+8XG (not available yet?) The alternative would be to buy a T1700G-28TQ and find...
  18. H

Everyone's next boot drive S3500 480GB $120

How do VMs fare with lower random reads or write on a drive such as this? (11k write, 75k read)? Looking to replace a smaller 840 EVO 120GB drive for more VMs, but i was looking at buying a m.2 RD400 or equivalent that does 210k read, 140k writes.
  19. H

Seagate 1200.2 ST1920FM0023 1.88 TB 2.5" SAS

When did they add the tracking number for you? Still waiting to see what happens to my purchase :/
  20. H

FS: Lenovo TS140 with Xeon, Fractal Design R5 case, Lian Li V2000B aluminum case

Got a few items for sale, I am trying to stick to local sales as shipping cases isn't cheap, but if you're interested in going the shipping route last time i shipped a desktop it was about $35. Pics here > For Sale Lenovo TS140 with 2x4GB DDR 3 ECC, Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 (8 threads, 3.4 Ghz...