Search results

1. Z

Latest Seagate Ironwolf 4To (ST4000VN006) supposed to be CMR, behaves like SMR in ZFS RAIDZ rebuild

For some time, my go to drive for the small TrueNAS NASes that I have at home has been the Seagate Ironwolf 4TB (model ST4000VN008). Recently I purchased two new Ironwolf 4TB. Since model ST4000VN008 is no longer available, I received model ST4000VN006. Both drives are advertised as CMR. I...
  2. Z

Help needed after a bad flash of a SUN F20 Flash accelerator card

Unfortunately on my side, all I can say is that I tried a bunch of things and none of them worked. My card rests in peace in a box...
  3. Z

Great ! I am glad that my mistake has been useful and came just in time for you ! Thanks for the dump ! It did not work for backup firmware and nvdata, my mistake, the "-o "switch for advanced mode was missing sasflash -o -ufwbackup fwbackup.bin -unvdata nvdata.bin In addition, may I also...
  4. Z

Some time ago, I purchased on eBay a cheap SUN F20 Flash accelerator. The card flash was working fine but the "external" SAS ports were not working. In a stupid move, I tried to flash a generic LSI 1068E firmware on the card. The SAS ports were working fine but the flash modules were no longer...
  5. Z

An Oracle ZFS Storage All in One Appliance for your Home Lab

But you can go a bit further to get that which looks more like my home lab server : If you you have a LSI SAS2008 HBA for instance, you can use passthrough to give it to the ZFS-SA VM. You have different chassis that are available in the appliance, you will find them under...
  6. Z

An Oracle ZFS Storage All in One Appliance for your Home Lab

A few days ago, I saw a thread in this forum about a DIY Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance. I realized that my own experience on that could be interesting for others as not that much information are available on the net. The beginning of the story is the Oracle ZFS Storage simulator for Virtual Box...