Search results

1. T

Truly quiet Supermicro 826/836/846?

Hey guys, I would love to convert all of my random computer equipment into 19" rack format to make it easier to manage and hopefully require a bit less space. As I live in an apartment with very limited space for equipment I would need to keep the rack/cabinet in the living room and as a...
  2. T

ELI5: Why are YOU mining crypto currency?

I'll be the first to admit I have not been keeping up on the why's and how's of mining crypto currencies. So I'm curious as to why so many are interested in it and how you go about it. I could see two reasons why I'd get into it myself: Pure curiosity or if I was convinced it served a good...
  3. T

Abandon the AIO? End of year budget itch.

Hello! I'm currently happily running FreeNAS on an ESXi host but as I would like to play around some more with virtualization without accidentally interfering with the FreeNAS (and a couple of other services such as ELK and Ubiquiti controller) I have been considering running them (and the...
  4. T

Networking advice for new home VM setup

Hello! I've been lurking on these forums for a long time and now I'm looking to expand my home network/server setup and would love to hear your opinions about it. I'm currently using one C2758 running pfSense (firewall + VPN) and one Mac Mini (htpc + torrent + misc services). To this I...