Search results

1. crazyj

QNAP QTS 5.0.1 does Windows-Search-Protocol (indexing) ???

So, I've been hoping for some time now that non-windows servers would have the ability to communicate with windows like a windows-server does, and use the WSP search/indexing. Seems that QNAP has cracked this one. Have any others? Is this functionality some proprietary thing they've developed...
  2. crazyj

SMB issues between napp-it and Win10 ?

1. for some reason even though my router/dns-server had my napp-it server's hostname, I couldn't initially ping it from win10. I added the hostname to "hosts" and it seemingly did nothing, but that was prior to me rebooting the server, so I can't 100% say it didn't work, but after I added it to...
  3. crazyj

Sheesh. OK, I may have stumbled on it. After trying 100 different tricks, this seems to have worked (or the combination of all 100 of my changes, who knows). I cleared out the mappings, then opened credentials manger, and after making sure there weren't already credentials stored there, I...
  4. crazyj

So, I'm throwing this out there in hopes that someone else has fought this battle and won... Updated my main PC Win7-64 to Win10-64 last weekend. Since then, my previously completely stable napp-it smb shares will not reconnect on reboot and I cannot access them again until I "net use * /d"...
  5. crazyj

Napp-it / OmniOS do we have apcups or NUT?

Hmm. So I think I got apcupsd installed using the instructions provided. Now, setup... I've got the usb cable as well as the smart-card network card. With USB cable hooked up to my Tomato router, it can see and monitor the status, but now, I'm thinking I should attempt to set up the ethernet...
  6. crazyj

So how does one go about installing apcups? pkg install can't find it. Is this a different repository? Does anyone have experience running this in OmniOS? I don't want to fool around too much if it's not a good idea. Any software that it would need installed first?
  7. crazyj

I just picked up an APC ups with a usb connection. Is there any way to configure graceful shutdown from omnios for a free hypervisor ESXI 6.7 AIO?
  8. crazyj

Advice for IOT devices?

The wife bought one of those Echo Dot things. Not overly thrilled about making my kids into lazy idiots, barking commands into the air, but hey, that seems to be what is normal now. Anyway. My network has an IOT/untrusted VLAN for it, so no big deal there. Apparently, though, it's able to...
  9. crazyj

ESXi w/VLANs, HP 1810-24g trunk home network questions

I got rid of the LAGG but I'm still passing a bunch of VLANs, which seems to work all right. This switch still gives me occasional problems. ESXi VMs end up with network problems and I end up having to restart it every few months. Ever have similar issues?
  10. crazyj

Napp-it 19.12b / OmniOS 151034 / ESXi 6.7u3 slow transfer speeds

I let it run iperf for a while... now I can't log in to the napp-it interface anymore. takes too long to respond. Though I can log in to the VM. Any tips on resetting the interface somehow, or checking if iPerf is still trying to run or something?
  11. crazyj

Napp-it 19.12b / OmniOS 151034 / ESXi 6.7u3 slow transfer speeds

I'd updated my system from ESXi 5.5 to 6.7u3, and OmniOS to 151034. I've been chasing other issues, but now that most things are resolved, I was getting 100-120 MB/s transfers through Windows / SMB, but am now down to around 80 at best. Is there anything in that mix of hypervisor / or napp-it...
  12. crazyj

AIO slow, network stability issues? Totally confused

Well, as a follow up, I can't say I've had any problems since moving away from LAGs. My remaining issues are speed related. On ESXi 5.5 I was getting 100-120 MB/s, where on ESXI 6.7 I top out at 80.
  13. crazyj

I've heard similar from other folks. I suppose running multiple VLANs can be done over a single cat5e. Is there any tools that anyone knows of that a simple man can employ to determine network problems on an AIO esxi box?
  14. crazyj

Maybe this is a networking / ESXI question more than a napp-it AIO question, but I thought I'd start here just in case someone with a similar installation to mine has seen this. I'm running an AIO setup on ESXi 6.7. SMB shares to windows clients, NFS shared internally between VMs...
  15. crazyj

Configure Napp It NFS shares for mounting in Ubuntu 18

I’m running zoneminder on Ubuntu. It really seems to want the web user to have the permissions to the nfs share. It shows up now as ‘nobody’ which doesn’t work for some reason. Can this be done inside of napp-it, or outside in omnios?
  16. crazyj

Nfs version on OmniOS 151032 ?

How long do those things take? Would that become an update to nfs-utils?
  17. crazyj

Nfs version on OmniOS 151032 ?

I'm working through a few issues getting my AIO working. one of them seems to be NFS shares between OmniOS/Napp-it 151032/V19 and my centos 8 VM. My googling has led me to believe that all of the FS-cache errors I'm seeing, and mounting failures have something to do with a mismatch in NFS...
  18. crazyj

splitting up storage network on AIO

Well, I think I'm sharing the ZFS pool as NFS to my VM. I suppose since the cams subnet has no internet access, the fact that the cam software has access to the storage network should be safe enough.
  19. crazyj

splitting up storage network on AIO

I 'm putting in a VM for security cams. Since it'll be getting one of my pools, is it advisable or possible to separate that from my other pools? ie, create another storage vswitch, and only use that network for the NFS shares for my cameras? Concerned mostly from a security perspective...
  20. crazyj

napp-it NFS shares to Centos-8 Duplicate Cookies error

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong here. I set up Napp-it 19.12 / OmniOS 151032. Sharing some of my filesystems via NFS to a storage vswitch (AIO setup). I can mount the first share without issue, and then every other share gives me "FS-Cache: Duplicate cookie detected" and a slew of other...