Search results

1. M

testing raid controller

Any idea about a tool (windows) to test storage validation before putting in production? What i'm searching is something like Memtest but for disk. For now the only tools that i've found to stress test is SQLIOSIM. From what i've understood not only perform a lot of I/O but also do check the...
  2. M

E5-2667 V2 Error

I've grabbed on e-bay a E5-2667 V2 but give me some problem... The computer do not POST This was tested on 2 different S2600CP4, one of wich was already running the same CPU type. in ipmi log i've found this message 08/02/2019-12:43:48 Power Unit, Pwr Unit Status (#0x1)...
  3. M

Another S2600CP4 Ram question

I've managed to expand 3 of these (single CPU) from 64GB 4*16 PC3-12800R 2Rx4 to 128GB adding 4*16GB PC3-14900E 2Rx4 with mixed results. Now they are running with different speed on same channel, but 1 of the system gave RAM problem on a RAM stick so that an entire channel do not work, problem...
  4. M

Intel SSD 750 Series 400GB 2.5" PCIe NVMe - 130$ each

SSDPE2MW400G4 Intel SSD 750 Series 400GB 2.5" PCIe NVMe MLC Solid State Drive | eBay Let the deal frenzy begin... or the fake deal pain...
  5. M

Lowest cost testing board

I think i need the cheapest MB/CPU on planet to test some pcie card that have a slight phisical damage on connector. Any suggestion?
  6. M

FLR NIC

On ebay i found there FLR NIC nc 530flr | eBay as many other for 1/5 of the price of normal PCI-E nic I know these are HP proprietary interface on their proliant server for onboard nic (instead of soldering nic circuitry) but i wonder if somehone tried to hack these to be used in a standard...
  7. M

S2600CP4 & SAS DISK

I know that to use a SAS drive i need an upgrade Key. But the reference for these talk about RAID when i need to use in HBA mode in windows (S2D testing) No need for top performance and connectivity to an expander. Someone has used one of these?