Search results

1. J

Silverstone DS380: ITX 8x SAS/Sata Hotswap

I forgot this topic. Got the 38mm thick 3000rpm installed and temperatures went down to 31°C (first bay) and to 33°C (last bay) at max load. At idle i get 28°C-29°C. Thats a delta of less than 5°C. With the cardboard I hardly get 1°C difference so I uninstalled it. I regulated the rpm via...
  2. J

Thanks a lot. I will go for those 130cfm + 80Pa beauties. The airflow does not make much difference from the stock ones which are 1200rpm and may round ~50cfm (x2.5 the airflow) The SP is where these fans shine (80Pa vs ~8Pa), that is x10 the static pressure. That would really make the...
  3. J

Sorry if it was already asked, but I could not find it. To the owners of the case: would it fit a pair of 38mm deep fans for the hdd cage? instead of the common 25mm ones. I am not sure if the fan closest to the power/reset switch and front usb would fit. Could anyone measure the clearance in...
  4. J

Reliability Seagate 10TB IronWolf HDD

Good morning. I am planning to build a 8-bay home server and I was looking to populate it with the brand new consumer HDD Seagate just released some weeks ago with capacities up to 10TB. http://www.seagate.com/www-content/product-content/ironwolf/files/ironwolf-ds1904-3-1607us.pdf How is the...
  5. J

[Advice] DIY NAS with 8-bay for home streaming

Thanks again. I'll have a look at the 8-core Xeon-D option, wait for some 8TB NAS drives from WD (Red) and HGST. And I will stick to 4K streaming, given the computing power needed. Just another question about the case. I don't manage to find any mini-itx hotswappable case like the U-NAS...
  6. J

Wow! Many thanks for the answers. I see I was completely wrong about my build, not only for technical reasons but for space limitations too. I have read throuhfully all the pieces of advise, and I have reformulated the build: CASE: Silverstone DS380 8-bay hot-swappable. 3x120mm fans. SFX-L...
  7. J

I am planning to build a DIY NAS with 8 hotswap 3,5" bay for home streaming with the following needs: Use: 24/7 Homeserver for streaming music (flac), videos (mkv) and games (7z) ISP Connection: 300MB/300MB FTTH Budget: <1500€ (HDDs not included) Hard disks: 8 x Seagate Archive HDD 8TB SATA3...