Search results

1. S

EU HGST 4U SAS3 12GB/s Storage Enclosure 60 bays £299

I don't suppose there is a way to dump the firmware from a working unit either?
  2. S

Anybody have a copy of the 0210 firmware, or another of the early G1 firmwares that isn't locked to a specific set of HDDs?
  3. S

Noob questions about an HGST 4u60 JBOD

SAS-3 over a single mini SAS HD 8644 connector and cable is 4 x 12Gb = 48 Gb/s (4 lanes, 12Gb per lane).
  4. S

The cable must be connected to the port marked "IN". I think you might have bought a cable with a mini sas hd connector on one side, in which case you won't be able to connect it to a 8088 port on your adapter. You need either a QSFP+ to 8088 cable, another adapter (if there is one that will...
  5. S

ES Xeon Discussion

I'm looking for a CPU for workstation/gaming/development/compression use. What do people think about the 2689 V4 QK7Z ?
  6. S

Tyan Motherboard fails to POST

Tyan will send you the necessary files if you contact their support and explain the problem. Well at least they sent me a pdf with instructions and the correct flash software after a couple of tries.
  7. S

Tyan Motherboard fails to POST

Well your post saved me from bricking my bios chip, I was just minutes away from trying to force a bios update myself. Thanks :) I see some mentions of having to contact tyan support to get a different flash software on the 5512 bios update page and also a google cached pdf (now deleted from...
  8. S

10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Networking - NICs, Switches, etc.

When somebody sees an 8 port 10GbE switch w/RJ45 for around $2000 please post here ASAP. I'm currently using a computer with several NICs instead of a switch and I'll buy a proper switch when I see one for that price.
  9. S

10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Networking - NICs, Switches, etc.

Now if only there were (relatively) cheap 8-port 10GbE switches...