Search results

1. B

2x 2U Controller Nodes for Storage JBOD

No one a good solution for my needs? I would like to avoid HP in this case (because of their HP authenticated drives complains) and wish to go with Supermicro. Edit: Right now, I have a X10SRH-CLN4F paired with an E5-1630 v3. The board itself is nice, but I might need to swap the CPU for a...
  2. B

Thank you for the information. Right now my Hypervisors are DL380 G8/G9s (9 of them). My current SAN is based on Supermicro and I would like to stick with Supermicro for better compatibility. The 4U Chassis Are from HGST :) Any good option from SM?
  3. B

Hi, i am in the process of scaling out my Storage Space. I figured out that i want to use a 2 Node HA Setup for a SAN Build. I already have 2 4U JBOD Chassis with drives which are connected to a single node atm. My Goal is to get two servers designed for being a Storage Controller. I have the...
  4. B

whitey's FreeNAS ZFS ZIL testing

From the reports of FreeNAS Activity of the HDDs had an average of about 80%. EDIT: Some had some longer peaks at 100%. So i guess the WD RED 5TB are mostly maxed out :) Much better as with the P3700 before! EDIT2: @whitey the ESXi Host and the FreeNAS Box where directly connected without...
  5. B

@marcoi Begin was: 18:26:03 End was: 18:53:42 Size of the VM is 832GB @whitey I will rerun the test tomorrow if i find the time for it! Then i will make a timer for myself to get some checks on the go.
  6. B

Yes, Sync=always, i have the feeling it was a misleading figure because it was in the last 5 seconds of the migration..
  7. B

It was a svmotion of an offline VM with about 830GB Size, from local ESXi P3700 to remote iSCSI Share via dual 10G on my Freenas SAN. No Jumbo Frames! EDIT: some language fixes :D
  8. B

There you go, taken in the last few seconds of transfer: capacity operations bandwidth pool alloc free read write read write -------------------------------------- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----...
  9. B

Guys, i am testing the P4800X right now, will post the results here in about 30 minutes, when transfer has finished! So far it looks very promissing! :)
  10. B

EU HGST 4U SAS3 12GB/s Storage Enclosure 60 bays £299

Can you measure the noise level of the G2? If it’s not to bad I would take both.
  11. B

I wouldn’t trust a RAID0 as a slog, even if it shouldn’t affect data integrity. If the crash happens during business hours.. have fun :P Regarding the RAM Drive, it’s the same story, it’s not reliable. But to answer your question, it should be possible.
  12. B

Doing exactly the same with my two P3700 right now
  13. B

That’s possible yes, splitting the device and adding the partition directly via CLI
  14. B

I have one on my way!
  15. B

WTB: 8x16GB/16x8gb ddr3 ecc

I have got 16x8GB for you here. shoot me a message, if interested! Samsung M393B1K70CHD-CH9 (those are with Heatsink)
  16. B

Monero Mining Performance

I get about 725H/s on my RX480s, so 800h/swill Be a Little out of range :)