Search results

1. P

Unable to login to IPMI

Hi guys I'm having problems logging into the ipmi webinterface due to apperent bad credentials, however the credentials are not bad and i can login via ipmitool. Have anyone experienced anything like this? I have tried different browsers and cleared caches but nothing seems to work...
  2. P

Ebay x550-t2 real?

Hi guys, i'm planning on upgrading my network to 10GBase-T and searched ebay and found this Intel x550-t2 10g Ethernet Server Adapter Converged Network Adapter x550t2blk | eBay Have anyone ordered from that seller and can confirm they are real? I'd rather trust you guys than the ebay buyer...
  3. P

Xeon 2236 and PCIE lanes

Hi! I just received my xeon 2236 and supermicro X11SCH-F, i got a question. On Intels website it says that this cpu has a pcie lane config of 1x16,2x8,1x8+2x4, however i count that on the motherboard there are x8(pcie lane)+x8(pcie lane)+x4(m2)+x4(m2), in the supermicro bios i can't find...
  4. P

New Unraid server inputs

Hi guys, i'm getting ready to switch out my old server for a new one and i would like some input. The root os will most likely be Unraid for nas purposes and some linux/windows vms, these vms are not gonna do any heavy task duties only some databases, clouds etc. X11SCH-F | Motherboards |...
  5. P

New pfsense router

Hi guys. Its time for a new router. I've been running my current pfsense setup in a virtual invironment together with lab/storage vms and it's now time to ugprade and i thought i would run pfsense standalone, not in a virtual environment. The pfsense setup is pretty basic with 2 openvpn...
  6. P

Small hypervisor

Hi guys, i'm looking to buy and setup an offsite server that will be running my backups and a couple of VMs. I've looked at the Asus P10S-I and maybe a E3-1230V5 but that seems kind of overkill for my purposes? My plans as of right now is to run a hypervisor (proxmox, or xenserver) with...
  7. P

WTB: E5-26xxV2 10-12 cores

Hi, i'm looking to upgrade my 2011 platform, right now it has a E5-1650v2. What iv'e been looking at so far are the E5-2670v2 and the E5-269*v2 but i'm open for suggestions, atleast 10 cores though.
  8. P

E5-2696v2 ES

Hi, iv'e been looking to upgrade my E5-1650v2 and stumbled upon the E5-2696v2 ES on Ebay, there are two versions: QDUF and QDKA, what are the differences? And, are there other alternatives in the same power-range? For example like the E52670v2? And what does "engenering sample" really mean...