Search results

1. P

Unable to login to IPMI

Well, regular system backups are of course on a schedule.
  2. P

Unable to login to IPMI

Oh i wasn't aware you could soft reboot the ipmi, i'll look into that, thanks. About the uptime, no security updates that i'm aware of, none important anyways. And i really don't know about the obession either, i just like having a good uptime, i guess it's a receipt that things are setup right...
  3. P

Unable to login to IPMI

That didn't work unfortunetely. This has happened to me before on a different motherboard and if i remember correct a full shutdown with a power cut fixed it, however i got 500+ days uptime on this server and really no other reason to reboot than to login and change some fan profiles.
  4. P

Unable to login to IPMI

Hi guys I'm having problems logging into the ipmi webinterface due to apperent bad credentials, however the credentials are not bad and i can login via ipmitool. Have anyone experienced anything like this? I have tried different browsers and cleared caches but nothing seems to work...
  5. P

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

Is it possible to run ipmi tool under a virtual environment like debian? I can´t seem to load ipmi_si because of this.
  6. P

Ebay x550-t2 real?

Well i bought some x540-t2 of ebay a couple of years ago and half of them have broken so that's why i'm cautious and want the real thing, no knock offs.
  7. P

Ebay x550-t2 real?

Hi guys, i'm planning on upgrading my network to 10GBase-T and searched ebay and found this Intel x550-t2 10g Ethernet Server Adapter Converged Network Adapter x550t2blk | eBay Have anyone ordered from that seller and can confirm they are real? I'd rather trust you guys than the ebay buyer...
  8. P

Xeon 2236 and PCIE lanes

Hi! I just received my xeon 2236 and supermicro X11SCH-F, i got a question. On Intels website it says that this cpu has a pcie lane config of 1x16,2x8,1x8+2x4, however i count that on the motherboard there are x8(pcie lane)+x8(pcie lane)+x4(m2)+x4(m2), in the supermicro bios i can't find...
  9. P

New Unraid server inputs

Well the pcix4 would be for futureproofing, not that i need it now. I'm actually upgrading from the supermicro x9 srl-f that has a 1650v3 cpu, i'm very happy with it but i've had it for years and since i'm switching software platform i thought i'd just upgrade everything hardware wise aswell...
  10. P

New Unraid server inputs

Yes ofcourse i will use ipmi i just thought maybe the motherboard needs some sort of possible video output to be able to boot at all, as is the case with other sockets. Why does the 2100-2200 cpus have a G option at all? Since if it will be for a server it will use a server mb with vga...
  11. P

New Unraid server inputs

Yes i also like intel however i would get fewer pcie lanes, no pcie4 and no 10gbe, so the amd option is better future proof i suppose. From what iv'e read ryzen also suppports ecc no? But complimenting the intel build with a x550 nic shouldn't be too expensive either. I suppose i can use the...
  12. P

New Unraid server inputs

Hi guys, i'm getting ready to switch out my old server for a new one and i would like some input. The root os will most likely be Unraid for nas purposes and some linux/windows vms, these vms are not gonna do any heavy task duties only some databases, clouds etc. X11SCH-F | Motherboards |...
  13. P

New pfsense router

Allright, thanks for your input, cleared things up and made this a little bit easier :)
  14. P

New pfsense router

I can live with that. How about snort over 1gbit wan? Last when i ran snort it used tons of cpu on a 100mbit wan, is it still very cpu consuming or has it been optimized since?
  15. P

New pfsense router

As i see it, the best option is the 4core atom if i can live with slow vpn speeds, you think it will struggle with 100mbit over vpn? The step to 8 core atom and then amd/D1500 is probobly not worth it just for the vpn throughput.
  16. P

New pfsense router

Great input! I can see that the 4core at om will struggle with the vpn at 1gbit wan, and then the step from 8 core atom to amd/d1500 isnt too far. Aren't the d1500 quite old now? Are the amd epyc compatible with pfsense (freebsd)?
  17. P

New pfsense router

Not much in terms of services except the basic router ones. 2 openvpn instances, no vlan but i would like the possibility to do some internal routing in the future. 1gb wan Noise is a big factor but i have a SuperServer E200-9A and solved it by drilling a huge hole in the top and putting in a...
  18. P

New pfsense router

Sorry forgot top include that, yes 1gbps wan. That's what i thought also since Netgates 6 port gbit router is based on the C3558 but their 2port 10gb sfp+ router is also based on that cpu, is there a siginifcant difference between 10gbase-t and 10gb sfp+ regarding signal processing computing...
  19. P

New pfsense router

Hi guys. Its time for a new router. I've been running my current pfsense setup in a virtual invironment together with lab/storage vms and it's now time to ugprade and i thought i would run pfsense standalone, not in a virtual environment. The pfsense setup is pretty basic with 2 openvpn...