Search results

1. L

Difference between SR-IOV Network adapter and PCI VF NIC Device for guests question.

So I have been playing around... Goal.. assign VF nic to each guest without using the virtual switch, and setting up the guest with appropriate vlan config. The physical nic is connected to the switch port with appropriate vlans. When I assign a VF to a guest using PCI device, it does not...
  2. L

[Free] - HP C3000 Blade Chassis with blades and Supermicro 833 Chassis with A1SRi-2558F - DC, Maryland, Virginia area

Edit: All stuff gone. Thanks to everyone who helped find it a good home. edit: Rack and Supermicro stuff have been taken, only the blade server left. If free stuff posts are against the rules (I read them, did not see anything), I'll delete it (or mods delete it). No really, it's all free...
  3. L

WTB: around 20 to 25 HP 2.5/SFF G8+ drive trays

Edit: I picked up a D2700 for $30 the other night, so my existing trays will work. I don't need G8+ trays anymore (but if I do, I'll reach out to you guys) While I managed to make the trays from my old G6 fit (I know, not the smartest of moves), I am looking to move the drives from my DL380G8...
  4. L

NIC selection help: 10GB SR-IOV and DPDK support

I am looking for 2 cheap dual port 10GB nics that support SR-IOV and DPDK (Data Plane Development Kit). I don't have a requirement for DPDK, but since I use my lab to play with things and learn (and break things, I am an IT Security consultant). I thought the HP NC523SFP supported SR-IOV...
  5. L

Help Decide - Cisco C3750x, C2960S, Aruba S3500, Juniper EX2200

I am currently looking at these 3 switches (and a few other possibles if I can get them cheap enough. The 4 switches listed in the thread topic are all 24 or 48 port POE+ switches, with gig interfaces, and SFP+ (or SFP+ modules in addition to gig and stack ports etc) The issue I am having, is...
  6. L

FS: HP C3000 Blade Chassis with 2 BL620C G7 and HP DL180G6 - DC/MD/VA

I have for sale for LOCAL PICKUP ONLY (If you are close enough, and time permitting I might do a drop off) . I live in the Annapolis MD area so plan accordingly $1500 for the C3000 and everything in it. $200 for the DL180 (this one I have a box for and could possibly ship, but would prefer...
  7. L

Ubiquiti hardware - opinions?

I currently have a 10 and 20 port Cisco SG300. When I moved, I picked up the Netgear Orbi to over my new house in short term (expensive, and kinda disappointed). Now that I have time, and am starting my renovations, I plan on wiring the house (first floor is easy, I have a crawl space, upper...
  8. L

HP D2200db blade storage enclosure - Does it support HBA or non raid allocation

I'm currently using a C300 with 2 BL620 G7s. External to that I have a supermicro storage server with 15 drives running FreeNAS. I'm looking to dump the Supermicro server, and integrate the storage server into the blade chassis. My current options are getting rid of the motherboard/cpu...
  9. L

Non Raid HBA for HP Blade servers (G7 and G8)

As the subject says. I am looking to replace my external storage server (Supermicro with 15 drives running freenas and everything over iscsi). I'm trying to pair down the number of servers heating my house currently (I have around 8). I have a HP C3000 with 2 BL620c G7's E5-xxxx series with 2...
  10. L

DL180G6 with M1015 (IT mode) - selecting boot drive question

I recently picked up (and posted in an older thread, but I am starting a new one) DL180G6 with 25 drives. I replaced the P410 with 2 IBM 1015s (I also tried to Dell H310s flashed to IT). Booting off a boot disk via USB, I Can see all of the drives. In the BIOS, I can only see the...