Search results

1. C

Dell H830 in a non-Dell system

Works fine. No CacheCade though so I went back to LSI
  2. C

Lenovo ThinkServer SA120 - Rackmount DAS

I'm going to guess it shows a fault because its SATA and not SAS. Its not able to talk to the redundant controller. I could be wrong though.
  3. C

I upgraded the drivers and firmware of my LSI 9286CV and it seems my SA120 now. My Dell PERC 830 won't see them though. I don't think the PERC is passing SES traffic. I guess i'm going to use my 9286 instead of my 830 for now.
  4. C

Awesome utility. Would you have any idea how to get this to work in Windows or would you be able to make one that works in windows? I'd be willing to pay some. The fans are driving me crazy.
  5. C

I made a little progress, but not enough to matter. From what I can tell the Array Manager just runs a storcli64.exe to look for controllers / enclosures. It creates a text file in the installation directory called PDList.txt when run. Before I was getting an error 0x0 or something in it. I...
  6. C

Tried with a LSI 9286CV-E and a PERC 830. I think the LSI one is recommended but of course the Dell isn't. I think I may of found another way to do it. I just got home and i'm about to work on it.
  7. C

Same issue. Can't make it show up and have tried everything.
  8. C

I don't think it cares about SSDs. It'll take any SATA drive. I'm actually running 2 512gb 850 Pros. What are you going to use for cache? Cachecade or ZFS or something?
  9. C

Truthfully, I have no idea why man. I do know I got 3 with redundant IO modules and power suppliers for like $300 shipped off ebay brand new in the box. They don't come with the 2.5 cages that fit in the back but if you look you can get them cheap sometimes. They also don't ship with drive...
  10. C

I'm running 12 6TB WD REDs. You won't be able to run multiple IO modules unless you run SAS drives as the 2nd IO module doesn't see the drives or shows errors. I can't remember when I checked it out. They work fine with my drives though. I'm using a Dell H830 controller currently. Thinking of...
  11. C

I'm using it with SATA drives. I have 3 of them at home and they work great. Can't use the 2nd controller on the back tho as SATA drives only have 1 channel. It just shows errors. But it works great. Easily best DAS for home use for the price.
  12. C

Lenovo SA120. About $250 off ebay, 12 ports supports SAS/SATA.
  13. C

Used one in a Dell desktop. Also used one in a Lenovo RS140 which is currently my main store server at home.
  14. C

Cheap DAS/JBOD for backups?

SA120 does take SATA. You need to make sure your plugged into the main IOCC or they won't work, But I have 12 WD RED Pros in one now. They work great and for what you get, you can't beat the price on a SA120.
  15. C

Kinda figured out my issue and now I feel like an idiot. Apparently I didn't notice but the first IOCC module is on the bottom, and since they arent SAS drives, they show up failed in the 2nd controller. They show up, but only as failed. I plugged into the primary IOCC with the console cable and...
  16. C

The drives never even show up to the raid card. If I plug a SAS drive in they do though, but a SATA isn't even detected. The controller in the DAS detects them though. I have hooked a serial cable to it and any SATA I plug in shows failed right off the bat. Its almost like a setting in the DAS...
  17. C

I have thrown every sata HD I have inside it. The controller never detects them. Seems a lot of people have had good luck with it seeing SATA drives, but I have 3 of these and no controllers see them. The unit does as I connect in with the console cable but the drives are marked as failed. Its...
  18. C

Crazy. I have 3 and have opened 2 up. 1 is at home, 1 is at work. I couldn't get the one at work to dectect any drives, I just tested the one at home. I put an 8tb seagate archive in it and it doesn't detect it. I do have the little 2.5 sata enclosures for the back though. The SATA SSDs detect...
  19. C

What firmware is yours running? I put in a SAS drive i had lying around and it detects it fine. I put in a few small sata drives and a Samsung 850 pro and it wouldn't detect it. I wonder if it just needs a newer drive or what.
  20. C

Are you using standard Sata or Lenovo branded labels.