Search results

1. S

Hardware for Proxmox Node/File Server

I am upgrading my server and my current File Server (Debian 9, 20 Disks all luks encrypted and zfs on top) Will be replaced by something new. However im not quite sure what to buy without losing performance. I currently have a Xeon E3-1235 in the file server. I am thinking about replacing it...
  2. S

EU Seagate Skyhawk 8TB 197,38EUR

I have just seen this on reddit but not here. There is currently a pre order special on 8TB Seagate Skyhawk(ST8000VX0022) drives on Amazon Germany. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01LXGAE3P This makes them the cheapest TB/EUR drives I have seen in a while.
  3. S

Proxmox issues with SR-IOV and Mellanox Connectx-3

I hope this is the right board for this issue, if not feel free to move the topic over to the Linux board. I am using Proxmox 4.1 with all current updates and today I encountered an issue that I can't quite explain. I enabled SR-IOV on my connectx-3 card and after the reboot I was not able to...
  4. S

Dual Prot Mellanox Connect x3 SFP+ for 60$

Found this while looking for parts for my new server: Mellanox MCX312A-XCBT ConnectX-3 Gigabit Ethernet Card - PCI Express Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
  5. S

What CPU coolers to use with Gigabyte GA-7PESH1 LGA

I just got me a decently priced Gigabyte GA-7PESH1 LGA of E-Bay and i am having a hard time finding what size a CPU cooler can be. Both CPUs seem pretty close together so I want to use an active cooler, ideally a small tower cooler. I could get a good deal on two Noctua NH-U9DX i4 but I am...