Search results

1. S

cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

No international shipping :<
  2. S

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

I work around that by running a bunch of Proxmox containers as encoding workers each with 8 cores. I tend to encode BluRays of TV shows for my media center, so i still get a speed improvement with more cores.
  3. S

DLink DGS-1510-28X 4x 10Gbe SFP+ @Amazon "Used" $199 Prime

I never ran it with the original fan, but i can't hear it after the fan replacement. Also never had any issues with Transceivers or DAC.
  4. S

Supermicro X9DR3-F-B Fan control

I use ipmitool on linux, but I don't remember the specific commands to set the fan thresholds, you have to google that.
  5. S

You should be able to set your own treshholds with ipmi.
  6. S

It might be an issue with the fan speed. If check the lower fan speed limits for warning and critical in ipmi. The fans on fan channels 1-4 will spin at 30% in optimal and the ones on the auxiliary channels (FAN A and FAN B) will spin at 25% If the fan speed on these settings is below the...
  7. S

E5-2696 V2 CPUs for $325!

Well 128GB DDR4 is a bit more expensive than with DDR3 and as far as I can see there are no TR4 Mainboards with ECC + IPMI. And I prefer my servers to have both. If I was buying new hardware, id probably go with 2x Epyc 72xx. Though I have not looked into the new Intel processors.
  8. S

Hardware for Proxmox Node/File Server

@ullbeking So I have Proxmox as part of a 3 node cluster now and Samba running directly from the host. The CPUs are upgraded to 2x Xeon E5 2696v2. I can't see any down sides so far. File Server performance seems to be slightly higher than with Xeon E3 1235 under certain conditions. I am...
  9. S

Passmark is a no go, i bluescreens after a few seconds with a directio error that i don't want to debug. Here is geekbench: QEMU Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996) - Geekbench Browser Edit: there are currently two video streams running from samba on the host and the streams are located on a...
  10. S

Ok I did the tests. KVM VM set up as 2 sockets 24 cores each drive set up as IDE network as e1000 about 64000MB RAM The CPU clock is read as 2.5Ghz in Windows and 3.1Ghz in Linux When the VM is running and not doing the benchmarks linux is reporting cpu speeds between 1800-3300Mhz, oddly it...
  11. S

I have Proxmox running on that server and it's also my main file server, best I can do if this has to be fast, is running a Windows VM with all cores assigned. Otherwise i might be able to take it down for maintenance on the weekend and throw windows on a spare disk.(Though I can't promise that...
  12. S

So I checked on my 2x 2680v1 system and it shows 2,4Ghz when mostly idle and 3Ghz when all cores are at full load. So I would suspect that the values are also accurate with the 2696v2. This means the mainboard CPU combo either does not like to do any power saving or such, or my Proxmox did not...
  13. S

So I just got my 2x 2696v2 from cuba4sale. Both of mine are working in a Supermicro X9DRi-F with the latest BIOS. Edit: based on a quick test (48 threads in stress and lscpu). The all core turbo is 3.1Ghz But i am not 100% that one. As lscpu also shows me 3.1Ghz in idle.
  14. S

@K D Thank you figured that out last Sunday when I found the pinout of the SM control panel on some obscure blog. Though SM should put that into the manual. @ullbeking Everything is mostly configured, but I had a crazy week at work so not much has happened with it. Here is the status: - It is...
  15. S

So it took a while but between gamescom and waiting for all the parts to arrive I only got to assembling everything today. Currently I just updated the Bios/and IPMI firmware and installed Proxmox. I may have already messed up the Proxmox install though. Won't boot atm. I suspect, it may not...
  16. S

So I just pulled the trigger on two of them as well. I guess I won't be buying a Vega based GPU this year.
  17. S

there is more here, but these don't ship to Europe. Intel Xeon SR19G E5-2696v2 12-Core 2.50GHz 30MB LGA-2011 Genuine Intel Version | eBay
  18. S

I am going Sandy Bridge-E for now. Found a pretty decent offer where I pay around 800-900 for everything after import fees(2x e5-2620 128gb RAM 4x100gb ssd and 2x lsi2008, and a bunch of parts I need to change on the case.). I hope that all the parts will have arrived by the end of the month...
  19. S

I am upgrading my server and my current File Server (Debian 9, 20 Disks all luks encrypted and zfs on top) Will be replaced by something new. However im not quite sure what to buy without losing performance. I currently have a Xeon E3-1235 in the file server. I am thinking about replacing it...
  20. S

EU Supermicro SC847 - 36x3.5" with gold PSU + caddies

He did 675EUR for one if anyone else is interested. My current case is almost full, so I figured i bite the bullet and a decent case. Especially since Decent deals on cases are not often in Germany.