Search results

1. S

Splitting up network for IP phone/IPTV/Internet service

I have a FTTH ISP where the ISP provided router uses VLANs to split off the various services like VoIP (IP Telephony), IPTV and Internet service. VLANs are as follows (with content): 100 VoIP (unknown protocol/proprietary) 101 IPTV (UDP Multicast based) 102 Internet (DHCP assigned WAN address)...
  2. S

[Solved] BiDi fiber question

I want to route a fiber from basement up two floors with minimal footprint. The cable will be visible as it will be fastened up the wall (not inside the wall) in some places. I also don't want to drill too large holes to fit two LC connectors through. So I decided to go with a BiDi (10GBASE-BX)...
  3. S

Cheaper Intel X540-T1 10G adapters

Found this. Not sure if counterfeit though. Intel X540 -1T 10G Single RJ45 Ports PCIe x8 Ethernet Converged Network Adapter
  4. S

Intel X550 NIC

The new X550 chip should support the NBASE-T standard allowing 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps over regular Cat5e cable. Gives a nice upgrade path until you can replace cabling to support full 10Gbps speeds. I have seen all the Mellanox and Chelsio SFP+ NIC deals lately but sadly there is no way I can do a...
  5. S

Memory question (possible fakes)

I purchased Samsung 64GB (8 X 8GB) M393B1K70CH0-CH9 8GB DDR3 PC3-10600R SERVER MEMORY on ebay from an Israeli seller. A friend jokingly told me they might put spyware on the RAM. I doubt that. But these screenshots are worrying me: It says it is Fujitsu and the part number is missing and many...