Search results

1. E

Canada HP DL60 Gen9 E5-2609v3, 8GB, 1U Rackmonut Server 510$

I guess HP is cleaning warehouse... HP DL60 Gen9 E5 Server... 821795-P01 from Mike's Computer Shop > SERVERS > Servers Systems Inventory is at 70 at this moment. ehfortin
  2. E

Canada Surface Pro 3 Tablet - 12" Intel i5-4300U 1042$

Another great deal for those looking at such a tablet. Depending on the page, inventory is at 39 or "out of stock". However, the add to cart button is active so they seems to accept order. QG2-00021 - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet Pc - PC-Canada.com Price is good until december 1st 2016 as...
  3. E

Canada Hp Proliant Dl60 Gen9 Rackmount Server - Xeon E5-2609 V3 6-core 1.9ghz - 8gb Ram - no HDD 512$

If you are looking for a cheap server with Xeon E5-2609, this may be of interest: 821795-P01 - Hp Proliant Dl60 Gen9 Rackmount Server - Xeon E5-2609 V3 6-core 1.9ghz - 8gb Ram - 0tb Hdd - No Os - PC-Canada.com Quantity is now 80 Price is good until October 31st 2016 based on this page. Have fun!
  4. E

CPU performance vs disk access (OmniOS)

Hi, I'm still working on getting a high performance storage with OmniOS running on ESXi 6 and this morning I saw what seems to be a problem. I created a SMB shared folder and needed to copy a few hundred GB of data on it over a 1 Gbps network. The network is used at 70-80%, OmniOS is reporting...
  5. E

ESXI 6U1 passthrough with Solaris 11.3

Hi, I've been using Solaris 11.3 with a LSI controller in a physical server for the last few weeks without any problem. Solaris recognize the LSI controller and all my NIC and I was getting very good performance result so I can see that the drivers are good. Now, I installed ESXI 6 on the same...
  6. E

ZFS dedup vs datastore

Hi, I've done lot of testing lately with ZFS and dedup and I got a result I was not expecting. First, to my knowledge, when you want to access ZFS through iSCSI, you have to create a volume in your pool (tank/myvol). When you define this volume, you have to specify the space needed. The way ZFS...
  7. E

High performance AIO

I'm currently evaluating the possibility to create a NAS/SAN (iSCSI/NFS) to share between 3 lab servers (all HP ML310e Gen8 v2) with an upcoming 10 Gbps network (ConnectX-2 NIC connected to a shared DLINK DGS-1510-28X). As I would like to have some services "always-on", my goal would be to keep...