Search results

1. A

X10SDV - which NVMe ?

I'm late to the conversation, but I've been using a Crucial P5 as a boot drive in my X10SDV-TLN4F with absolutely no problems whatsoever.
  2. A

Product Suggestion: Automotive Window Decal

Don't limit the decals to just automobiles. I'd like to affix a decal to one or more pieces of home lab equipment!
  3. A

Dell business laptop quality issues?

Latitude 7490: keyboard & backlight issues, fingerprint reader issues that never got resolved Latitude 5289: failed right mouse/touchpad button
  4. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I think I see your problem. In the image power_cables.jpg, the white power connector labeled "P2" looks out of place. My board came with a ATX 24 pin-to-4 pin adapter that is plugged in where your P2 is currently connected. P2 is plugged into the rightmost half of the 8-pin connector where the...
  5. A

Ultimate Home Data Center

I saw this on Reddit a few days ago. Looks nice. Zero beds (no closets, I guess?) and 1.5 bathrooms make it viable.
  6. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

Oh, it definitely worked in releases prior to the latest currently posted on Asrock's site. I'm somewhat glad to see I'm not alone. I do have to admit that this has been one rather buggy board right out the gate.
  7. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

Has any one encountered an issue with the System Inventory data being blank post-upgrade on this release of BIOS & BMC firmware? No Processor, Memory Controller, PCIe Device / Function, or Storage data is shown. Fan information, however, is being reported?
  8. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

Ran into the same problem after explicitly checking the preserve configuration box. Once I found the new IP address everything checked out OK.
  9. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I'm not using a 12V-only power supply. The PSU included with my Supermicro CSE-721TQ-250B2 chassis has two 4-pin 12V connectors, but only #2 of the 2nd 8-pin connector can be used - #3 is not keyed the same as #2. I used the 24-to-4 pin connector included with the board in #1 (see picture)...
  10. A

ASRock Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T package contents

The fins on my heatsink have the same curvature has yours. Since it was uniform across the part, I didn't think much more of it after noticing it.
  11. A

Check out this thread. We discuss multiple ways of adding a fan to the heatsink.
  12. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I'm in the United States and ordered my board from Newegg. According to Asrock's support, the cable is not included in retail packaging. I never did get a response as to which SKUs did include the cable and how much extra they charged for the additional part.
  13. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

The fan surprisingly stays put when I turn the chassis upside down. Though I would prefer a more permanent mounting solution, it's "good enough" for home lab purposes. I ordered mine from the Supermicro eStore - CBL-SAST-0933
  14. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

The heatsink itself measures 70 mm wide x 70 mm deep x 25 mm in height. Screw holes are 60 mm x 60 mm on center. I used a Nocuta NF-A6x25 fans (60 mm)blowing into the stock heatsink. Use the supplied rubber mounting nubs to friction hold it in place over each each heatsink screw.
  15. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

I can also confirm the same behavior with 2666 modules...
  16. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

It appears to be the case. I couldn't find 2666 modules at the density I wanted, so I opted for the 2933 modules thinking the memory controller would simply downclock to 2666. BTW, going into the memory overclock settings in the BIOS and setting the clock speed to match a 2666 module ended up...
  17. A

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

The BMC recognizes I installed 2933 modules, but BIOS defaults to 2400.
  18. A

For anyone who's interested, the stock heatsink is 70 mm x 70 mm x 25 mm with the mounting screws at 60 mm x 60 mm on center. Curious to see if there are any aftermarket heatsinks with integrated fans that will fit this board.
  19. A

AMD Epyc 3251 only showing 1 thread per core instead of two (ASROCK Rack EPYC3251D4I-2T)

Nearly 6 months later, ASRock is still shipping the board with the missing threads bug. BIOS L1.12 is still not posted to their website. Many thanks to @Janga for making the beta firmware available to the public!
  20. A

I currently have a 80mm Noctua fan laid on top of the stock heatsink unsecured. Temps have been between 54 and 60 C with a light load.