Search results

1. S

Power consumption: Epyc 7303 vs Epyc 75f3?

Any folks with data to compare power consumption of new low power Epyc Milan 7303 vs 75F3. Trying to work out if it's worth the hassle of downgrading from an over-spec'd CPU.
  2. S

FS: Ruckus APs and Nvidia RTX

R750: $600. In factory box with mounting plate and recent Unleashed installed. R720: $300. In factory box with mounting plate and recent Unleashed installed. Nvidia Geforce RTX A4000: $750, New in box, unopened Delivered CONUS, Paypal
  3. S

Epyc 75f3 cooling choice?

Acquired a Epic 75f3 which will be going in a Supermicro SC846 4U chassis with H12SSL-C and 512GB 3200 RAM. It's a 280W CPU and choices appear to be somewhat limited and results hard to find re cooling performance. Dynatron A35 or SNK-P0064AP4 Noise isn't a concern? Does anyone have data showing...
  4. S

black cat5e 1000ft spools needed by weekend

Monoprice is out of stock, anyone know any other good brands of solid-copper cat5e cable I can get by the weekend? Based in Beverly Hills/LA if theres a wholesaler nearby
  5. S

FS: PNY Nvidia RTX A4000

new in box, unopened https://www.pny.com/nvidia-rtx-a4000 $1000, Paypal
  6. S

Vmware on Apple silicon will not support x86 VMs

Ouch. We don’t plan to support installing or running x86 VMs on Macs with Apple silicon. https://blogs.vmware.com/teamfusion/2021/04/fusion-on-apple-silicon-progress-update.html
  7. S

USB-C to ethernet adapter without Realtek?

Does anyone know of any usb-c to ethernet adapters that dont use Realtek chips? An Intel solution would be ideal. Looking to avoid using flaky drivers if possible.
  8. S

FS: Supermicro MBD-X10SDV-16C-TLN4F

Supermicro MBD-X10SDV-16C-TLN4F-O. Boxed with cables and IO shield. Shipped with USPS Priority Mail. Can be collected from Santa Monica or Beverly Hills, CA. $1400 delivered CONUS
  9. S

SOLD: 3 * Ruckus R720 wifi access points

NOW SOLD. High end Ruckus Unleashed access point. No need for a Virtual or Physical controller with Unleashed firmware. Can be installed with Virtual smart zone if preferred. 6 months old as new condition with all accessories and manuals etc. $450 each inc shipping mainland US.
  10. S

Ruckus vSZ licensing...

Any Ruckus experts in the house? I've been testing three Ruckus AP's in my small home/office setup and am reaching the point where I think I'm going to stick with them, performance is significantly better than my previous Unifi SHD's. My current trial virtual SmartZone license is about to expire...
  11. S

SOLD: Ubiquiti Unifi SHD access points

NOW SOLD 3 available, $360 each including delivered conus. Boxed with all accessories and flashed with latest firmware.
  12. S

FS: Supermicro A1SRM-2758F & 16GB RAM

$300 Shipped or collected in Beverly Hills / Santa Monica, LA. 100% working, just back from Supermicro post AVR54 prevention/verification. Paypal accepted.
  13. S

FS: Samsung M393A4K40BB0-CPB 32GB PC4-17000 DDR4-2133MHz (NOW SOLD)

32GB DDR4 used in a X10SRL-F and X10SDV Xeon-d 1541 and on the Supermicro supported RAM list. 8 sticks available $275 each inc shipping All memtested 100% fine over multiple passes prior to sale.
  14. S

Juniper EX4300 & 10GBASE-T SFP+ RJ45 transceiver

Bought one of these to hopefully provide a single 10G T connector on my Juniper EX4300-P, all the rest of my infra is optical and didnt want to go to effort of adding in a separate 10g-base-t switch to support just one device. Luck isnt my thing so it doesnt work, curious if anyone else has had...
  15. S

x10sdv sata-0 / m.2 switch - impact?

Whats the impact of the switch between the SATA-0 and m.2 slot: - reduced performance - inability to pass through one/both in ESXi - nothing - other?
  16. S

VMUG licence problem

Newbie mistake but I'm f*ed if I can figure out how to recover this licensing problem.... any pointers?!? created esxi 6.5 and vsphere 6.5 VM. Applied licence from VMUG. All good for many months until user error nuked the vsphere VM. Deleted the VM and recreated a new vsphere install cant add...
  17. S

FS: Monoprice slimrun CAT6 (bulk)

I need a few hundred feet of Monoprice slimrun CAT6 but its only available bulk in 1000ft reels... curious if theres one or two people interested in going in with me to split costs? SlimRun Cat6 Ethernet Bulk Cable - Stranded, 550Mhz, UTP, Pure Bare Copper Wire, 28AWG, 1000ft, Black -...
  18. S

Juniper switch licensing...

Using a used Juniper EX4300-48p here which I needed to configure some multicast switching on to support some video streaming needs came across this "error", 'warning: requires 'ospf2' license'. Google-fu enabled me to discover that to use the following features on the EX4300 switches, you must...
  19. S

ESXi, Supermicro RAID & SATADOM RAID-ish?

I use a Supermicro X10SRL-F motherboard with ESXi (vcenter VMUG etc) I wanted to upgrade my old 64GB SATADOMS with a pair of 128GB SATADOMs in the powered yellow SATA sockets so created a mirrored raid array in the Intel RAID utility. When ESXi boots the drives dont appear as a RAID'ed pair but...
  20. S

WTB: LSI 9305-16e (NOW PURCHASED)

let me know if one available.... shipping to California please.