Search results

1. A

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

That's a good question - asked that myself multiple times, too. For now I flashed all my LB4Ms with the routing firmware just to have the L3 features available if they are needed (exactly as you describe your situation). Haven't found any show-stopper, yet. But to be honest: never did a...
  2. A

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

@TheBloke In the Routing FW (and some of the other versions) the network ports are disabled by default (AdminMode of all ports is set to "disabled")...simply enable them: enable configure no shutdown all exit show port all
  3. A

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

@CappyKD Looks interesting...do you mind uploading the fimware and posting some details (e.g. "show version", "show sysinfo", "show environment")? On ebay they claim the ports support 1GbE - as far as I know the LB6M doesn't (no one had success / no one knows which tranceivers make that...
  4. A

(The following is try-and-error - backup your config!) I don't have any experience/knowledge with IGMP but have you tried something like the following? (I assume you want to enable it for a vlan.) enable vlan database set igmp 10 #10 = vlan-id set igmp querier 10 address...
  5. A

Not sure what's going wrong, but things I would check: - why don't you ping 192.168.100.4 (you wrote ".2"!?) or 192.168.1.4 - is routing globally enabled (can't find it in your config)? (configure > ip routing > exit) - if it still doesn't work try the following: disable routing on vlan 10 (=...
  6. A

Super Cheap Hitachi UltraStar C10k600 450GB 2.5" TCG Encryption Hard Drives

Thanks for the hint! I'm a little concerned that it really fits: the right side is tricky and might be a problem (perspective: looking at the front of the hot swap bay - the same way you would look at front of the chassis with the bays in it). Using the supermicro converter bays (2.5" drive ->...
  7. A

What kind of data shows up with this "-x"? Coul you please post output of one of your disks? Do you really print the adapters? Never thought about that...perhaps I should check if can get access to a printer... Would you share your printing draft? :) EDIT: Did anybody try to flash untouched...
  8. A

Thanks for letting us know @Fritz ...that's too bad. :( But perhaps @dwright1542 gets a chance to grab the manufacturer and model of the SFP which works at 1GBit/s? Still hoping for a hint/solution...
  9. A

Could you please post "show port all" output of the quanta with your Finisar running at 1GBit/s? Just grabbed two cheap "Finisar FTRJ-8519-7D-2.5" (non-HP branded)...my LB6M and LB4M don't like them. It is identical to what redwing31 posted above (ports are still shown as "Physical Mode = 10G...
  10. A

Does anyone have a clue if these would work in a HP ProLiant DL380 G7 with a HP SmartArray P410i Controller? Especially if these drives would make the server fans go crazy/full speed... @Emulsifide Looking at the smart data there is almost nothing usable shown...how are you going to monitor them?
  11. A

Intel 800gb S3700

What kind of (manufacturer / model) ssd was the worn one in your graph? Was it a consumer grade drive?
  12. A

1.2TB LSI Nytro Warp Drive PCIe SSDs - $240

Perhaps we'll find the answer when they are all gone... (But that things looks definately interesting: one LSI SAS2308 seems to handly multiple LSI/Sandforce SF2582 Controller/SSDs. Now I understand the question regarding IT mode on the first page of this topic... But why shouldn't that thing...
  13. A

1.2TB LSI Nytro Warp Drive PCIe SSDs - $240

1.2TB for 240 USD :eek: ...so where is the catch? Is it the missing auxiliary cable (I guess these cards can't be used in a Supermicro X9DRi-F without this cable)?
  14. A

HUSSL4020ASS600 slc sas ssd drives for $120

They relisted them: nine overall...four still available -> www.ebay.com/itm/301901783906
  15. A

BLAZING INFERNO HOT - Hitachi HUSSL4040ASS600 $99

Dell 9W8C4 Y004G 3.5" to 2.5" Adapter?
  16. A

Wohoo! Guess I was wrong. (Second evidence: Found some other auctions with "Pre-Production Samples" of the ASS-drives which have a manufacturing date of 2010 -> 2008 can't be true.)
  17. A

Yeah, read that multiple times...checked the datasheet...you are right: Insane endurance rating...sounds unbreakable. ...but that are ~7 years :eek: and they won't get younger... :confused: WTF, still wanna push the buy button. :D
  18. A

Saw that a few moments ago...you were faster! ;) I thought the same, but one thing hold me back: they seem to be manufactured in 2008!? (Not sure...it's not readable because of this silly sticker over the manufacturer date)
  19. A

Is this a good deal? 400GB 6Gbps SAS SSD $120

Seems to be a EMC-customized version of Smart Storage Systems "XceedStor 500S SSD" ( Making NAND Better - SMART Storage Systems - XceedStor 500S SSD ) Smart Storage Systems XceedStor 500S Enterprise SSD Review | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews Sorry...have no answers to your...
  20. A

Manually enable CCTL / TLER for drives in HW RAID?

Exptected that, too...but my ones didn't: HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 512n (HUS724030ALA640/0F14689) WD RE4 WD2000FYYZ WD RE4 WD2003FYYS Toshiba DT01ACA300 (Consumer grade) Toshiba MD04ACA400 (Consumer grade) Pleas post your findings!